A deal's a deal

Song ^

Thank you all so much for 3k reads!

Harper

The kiss had been electric.

Sparks shooting in every direction, just like it had been the first time.

Now sitting in the passengers seat of Myles' car, we sat in comfortable silence. I looked around a realization hitting me smack in the face.

I smirked in Myles' direction. He looked at me with his brows furrowed, then looked back to the road, "What?" he asked.

I let out a small chuckle, "You know I distinctly remember the promise of being able to drive your car of I went on a date with you. Which I did," I stated matter-of-factly.

"Pay up."

His eyes widened slightly. Like he doubted I would remember our deal. Nonetheless, a small smile appeared on his face as he shook his head lightly. All of the sudden he pulled into a gas station.

Hesitantly, he put the car in park and got out, coming over to my side.

He opened my door, then looked at me for a few seconds before motioning to the drivers seat.

"Oh my God. Really?" I asked, looking up at him.

"A deal's a deal," he said with a smile. My heart stopped at the sight. He really was a beautiful man.

Without a second of hesitation I jumped out and into the drivers seat, whilst Myles climbed into the passengers seat, adjusting the seat to accommodate his height.

"Okay put your foot on the break before moving the gear stick to dri-."

"Myles you sound like my mom when I first got my permit," I chuckled. "I've been driving for seven years now."

He blushed, "Right."

I chuckle at his sheepish expression, as I check my mirrors and back out.

His car runs like an absolute dream. So smooth, with a melodic purr of the engine.

Mmm I could get used to this.

Somehow throughout the drive I manage not to laugh every time I catch Myles' tense shoulders through the corner of my eye.

All too soon, with no complications, we reach my apartment building.

"See nothing bad happened," I teased as we got out of the car.

He chuckled lightly, running his hand through is dark locks, "I guess I underestimated your driving capabilities."

"I guess so," I said smugly.

"I don't know if we can make this a regular occurrence just yet," he chuckled, "that small drive almost gave me a heart attack."

"But maybe one day," he grinned like he knew something I didn't.

I smiled brightly. I hadn't expected to ever drive his car ever again and now he's talking as if one day I'll drive it all the time.

That sounds like a good life.

We walked at a slow pace inside, not wanting to leave each other's company just yet. I could feel my heart threaten to beat from my chest as our fingers skimmed one another's at our sides.

In too little time we were standing at my door. I fiddled with the keys in my fingers as I looked towards the ground, not daring to make eye contact.

Finally I find the courage and look up to meet his bright eyes, his lips curled into breathtaking smile.

An audible gasp left my mouth as he leaned in and pressed his soft, plump lips against my cheek, leaving them there for a few heart stopping moments before leaning in and pecking the side of my mouth.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow morning for practice?" He asks as if we didn't just have a moment.

"Yeah," I said in a raspy whisper, my voice stuck in my throat.

A blush rose in my cheeks as I directed my gaze to the ground, clearing my throat.

I looked back up once more the see Myles wearing a earsplitting grin.

"What?" I asked confused at his behavior.

He shook his head, his mouth still in the same position, driving me mad, "Nothing. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" He said walking backwards, watching as I nod my head wordlessly.

I watched as he stepped out of my view, practically skipping away.

I stand there for a few moments, baffled by what just happened, before sticking my key in the door to unlock it. I turn turn the key in the direction to unlock before realizing that it was already unlocked.

Weird. Maybe I forgot to lock it.

I open the door and throw my purse and keys on the kitchen counter.

I open the fridge and bend down to grab a water bottle when all of a sudden something cold and sharp is placed on my neck.

"Do not move. Do not shout for help, or so help me God I will cut your throat," a female voice threatens in a whisper.

My heartbeat accelerates, so much so I could see the skin on my exposed cleavage moving up and down with ever throb of my heart.

"What do you want?" I ask my voice timid.

"Let's just day that you have a lot of enemies, people who don't approve of you a Myles' newfound relationship," she said sharply.

I swallowed down my fear and said to her, "What does my relationships have anything to do with you?"

"Myles is supposed to be mine! And you need to go back to your clingy ex-boyfriend so maybe he can get off-" she cuts herself off realizing she was saying something she shouldn't have.

This was all his fault. He sent someone because he couldn't deal with the fact that I don't want him, and that he messed up.

And now this psycho is here trying to hurt my baby and I.

I worked up as much courage as I could and snagged her hand, drawing the knife away from my face as I turned around and kicked at her, successfully landing a blow to her face.

I screamed, knowing that no one would hear. I knew that my neighbors were gone, and even if they weren't this room was virtually sound proof.

But she didn't know.

She scrambled up, swinging her knife at me in all different directions, landing a gash on my face and arm. She blindly stabbed at me, slicing into the side of my hip. I screamed out in pain. My ears rang but I could make out the faint sound of footsteps running away.

I couldn't move. I couldn't speak.

Everything hurt.

My vision blurred, dotted with spots.

Until eventually everything was black.