Five Month Bump

15k reads! Thank ya'll so much!

Myles

A week has passed since Harper was emitted into the hospital for her stab wound. A week since I learned that the ever-growing child in her stomach was going to be a beautiful baby girl.

I could picture her clearly. She'd have Harper's emerald green eyes, gorgeous brown locks, rosy cheeks to match my own, and a cute, petite nose to resemble her mother's.

The sound of the nurse opening the door brought me out of the same daydream I've been having all week. She pushed in the wheelchair for Harper so she could wheel her out of the hospital, finally able to go home.

I grab Harper's hand, placing my other one on her back, gently lifting her from the bed. When she finally gets on her feet, she makes sure to place very little weight on her injured hip.

Carefully she lowers herself into the chair, letting out a sigh when she's finally comfortable.

I walk slowly along side them as we head to the hospital entrance. My nerves begin to kick in, today is the day I finally show Harper the big surprise.

Once we're outside I leave them to go get the car. My heartbeat is accelerating by the minute, gradually increasing throughout the walk to my car.

When I pull in under the awning I quickly get out to help Harper into the passengers seat.

"You may not be able to walk for the next few weeks, if you plan on going back to work I suggest using a wheelchair," the nurse says looking at the both of us.

"Of course," Harper says with a small smile.

The nurse leaves us, heading back through the automatic doors of the hospital.

I help Harper shut her door, then proceed to sit in the driver's seat.

We sit in complete silence as we drive through town, on our way to the secret location.

Her arm rests on the center console, her hand dangling, begging to be held.

Without taking my eyes of the road I gently slide my arm under hers, enter twining our fingers together.

In the corner of my eye I can see her cheeks slightly heat up and change color.

A small smile forms on my face at the sight.

The silence is inevitably broken when she notices that we passed the street to her apartment.

"Myles, you missed the turn," she says chuckling, then wincing in pain.

"We're not going to your apartment," I said, looking at her with a knowing grin.

"Well this isn't the way to your apartment either, so where exactly are you taking me?" she asks skeptically.

"It's a surprise," I sing with a happy grin.

She shakes her head, trying to hide her smile as she looks out of the passengers side window.

Once we're about a mile away, I pull out the handkerchief from my back pocket.

"Put this over your eyes," I say, lightly laughing at her confused expression.

"Okay..." she whispers hesitantly, knowing not to put up an argument.

Once I'm sure that she can't see anything, I start driving once more.

My heart beats erratically in my chest, sweat begins to pool in my palms. The fear of the unknown, the fear of rejection, the fear of change starts to set in.