Puppy Dog Pout

Song ^

Harper

"I know exactly what we should name her."

I sit up in bed, leaning my back against the headrest, Myles follows my movements. 

Is this the moment we name our baby? 

"What should we name her Myles?"

He begins to talk, but stops himself, giving me a sheepish smile. 

"We have been trying to find a name that fits our family, a name that would just roll of the tongue,"he explains. 

"We've been searching for different, unique names, but maybe we should be looking for something a little simpler. But a name that still represents where babygirl comes from."

As he speaks he takes my hand, seemingly using my fingers as a way to distract himself, suddenly nervous. 

"Myles. Why are you so nervous to tell me?"

He takes a deep breath, a small laugh escaping his nose. "Because I really want you to like it," he whispers bringing his eyes to mine. "Because I can't think of a name that would represent both of us more." 

"Myles, no matter what it is, I'll love it. Because I love that you took the time to come up with a name that fit our small family. I'll love it because you love it," I explain as I brush the hair from his forehead. 

He nods his head, a small smile playing on his lips. 

"I know we never talked about whose last name she'll tak-"

"Yours," I say stopping him immediately. "I know we never talked about it, but I know that's what you want , and your lucky that I'm a rather traditional girl," I said with a grin, "Of course the baby before marriage doesn't exactly testify to that."

Myles nods with a smirk planted on his face, "No, no it doesn't."

"So now that we've established that he last name is 'Cruz', I would like to proposition your last name as her first."

I look at him confused, but then I think about it further. 

Riley Cruz.

I honestly don't know why I didn't think of that. I've watched so many TV shows where they used the moms last name, and honestly it's perfect. 

I realize that I haven't said anything when Myles once again speaks with uncertainty. 

"Do you like it?" 

I stare at this wonderful man, as he stares back at me with such adoration. I'm not sure I completely understood how much he cared for me until right now. And call me oblivious, or even naive, but I've only ever been in one serious relationship before Myles, and I was so wrong about how he felt about me. 

But looking at Myles, thinking about everything that we have gone through together, I know that this is different. It's real. It's unmistakable love. 

"It's perfect. I love it."

He breathes out a sigh of relief, "Oh my gosh, I'm so glad, I thought you were gonna hate it," he begins to ramble on adorably. 

He's just too pure.

I love him. 

"I love you." 

His ramble halts and he looks at me, eyes wide, mouth slightly ajar. 

He seems happy, elated even. 

I gasp as his hand grabs my thigh, hitching it up to his waist as he rolls on top of me, hovering close so he doesn't squish my bump. He leans in impossibly closer, touching our noses together, our lips so close to touching, still not saying a word.