On one condition

Song ^ or >
Sean O'Donnell as Myles Cruz

Myles

Seeing Harper at practice yesterday had be a surprise, but a good one.

When I saw Josh running towards her, I ran as fast as my feet could carry me to knock him out of the way. There was no thinking when I held her in my arms, I was just relieved that her and the baby hadn't been hurt.

Now I'm heading to her apartment to pick her up like I had promised her I would.

When I reached her apartment complex I stepped out of my spotless, white Corvette.

Once I approached her door, I gave it three swift knocks

I heard her shuffling behind the door before she eventually opened the door, her face slightly flushed and a smile on her beautiful face.

She opened the door wider allowing me to come in.

"Give me a minute, I just have to take my vitamins before we leave," she said over her shoulder.

"Take your time, we have little while before we have to be there."

I watched her as she slipped the gummies into her mouth. There weren't a lot, so it didn't take any time at all.

Harper walked over to where her camera bag was laying on her couch, picked it up and threw it over her shoulder.

"Alright, I'm ready to go," she said her smile still intact.

I let her go before me, slipping my hand on the small of her back. She locked her door and then we made our way out to my car.

When she saw my car she stopped dead in her tracks. "Woah," she said, eyes wide.

She looked at me with her jaw slightly ajar, "Dude, this is so freaking cool."

Dude. Ouch.

For a moment I feel like I'd been put in the friend zone, but the I remember that my baby is growing inside her, and I smile cheekily.

Definitely not in the friend zone.

I looked back at Harper who still stood in awe at the sight of my car.

"Maybe sometime you could drive it," I said casually.

She looked back at me as if I had two heads. "You mean you would actually let me drive your car?" she asked unconvinced.

I nodded.

"On one condition," I said with a smirk.

She looked at me, making a motion for me to continue.

I looked at her, a grin forming in my lips, "Go on a date with me."

For a moment she seems baffled. She then looks at the ground, biting her lip in thought. "Yes," she said.