nine

━━ ∘₊✧ NINE

━━ ∘₊✧ NINE.

     "WHAT do you mean we're starting the competition next week? You gave us three weeks!" Siyeon complained.

"We're already six months behind and we just started having trouble when fans found out of the members from 2AM have been secretly dating." I was surprise by this, can they not date because of the fans?

"It hasn't been their one year anniversary yet! How can they be dating so soon?" Hyebin exclaimed.
Was it actually so soon? But they can date whoever they want.

Right?

"Look girls, just finish as much and fast as you can and practice hard. This is all I'm saying." I looked at Yoonbi and she just gave me a reassuring smile.

"Well girls, you heard the man. Let's practice!" And we did just that. I could tell they were all eager to debut, they wanted this. They wanted to be heard, the wanted to prove the world wrong and for that to come true, they had to practice. Practice really hard.

"Hyejin not like that, c'mon we have to at least finish the choreography and ace it." Siyeon shouted from across the practice room.

"She'll get it right this time Siyeon. You don't have to shout at her." Yoonbi said.

I'll get it right this time.
I have to.

____

"How was practice? Were they hard on you?" Jiwoo asked just as he finished cleaning his room.

"I don't feel like talking about it." I sighed and walked straight to my room.
I'll just finish my homework as fast as I can so I can practice and have a better day tomorrow.

I really wanted to write the lyrics to our song, but knowing how behind I am on the dance, I won't have a chance.
____

I only slept an hour, that's all. I feel bad for not trying hard enough and giving them a hard time, but this is not what I want.
I want to be a soloist and prove everyone wrong. And I'm not giving up on my dream.

"Hyejin! Wake up, don't fall asleep in my class." I heard my teacher yell from the front of the class. I immediately sat up straight and pretended that I was never asleep. But obviously that wouldn't work because I could hear some of my classmates laughing.

Why does this have to happen to me?

____

"Hyejin come over here please." Mr. Bangsik called me out from the practice room. Where he lead me to his office, which wasn't really that big.

He sat down on his chair in front me and I remained standing up.

"How is practice going?" He looked serious, nothing new.

"It's going well. We are working hard sir." I tried smiling but all this was kind of nerve wrecking.

"Okay, how are you doing with your choreography that Yoonbi taught you?" I didn't know weather to lie or tell the true. But from what I remember from my late grandmother is to never lie.

"I'm having some trouble catching up with them, but with extra practice, I know I'll get it." I tried to sound as convincing as possible because I don't want him to think Yoonbi is failing as the main dancer from the group.

He just nodded and bit his lip.
"Alright, good luck. You can leave now." Bangsik dismissed me. I stood up and bowed before leaving his small office.

"What happened Hyejin, what did he ask?" Hyebin asked as soon as I walked in to the practice room.
"He just asked about practice. That was all he said." I  answered her as the others listened to what I was saying.

"But did you complain or something?" Siyeon asked as she pushed Hyebin a little so she could be the one in front of me now.

"Why would I complain? No. I just told him that we're working hard to be the ones to debut. That's all I said." I lied, not technically, but I didn't tell them all of it.

"Alright, let's leave her alone and just continue practicing." Yoonbi interrupted the two girls questioning me.
Both of them rolled their eyes and continued to do whatever they were doing before I came back.

end.