Carry That Weight (Death)

Allison: 27
Dean: 36
Sam: 31

"I feel like we'd be a lot more efficient if we lost this moron." Gabriel says, referring to Ketch, as the team of hunters continue to trudge through the forest of the Apocalypse World.
"Don't worry, the feeling is mutual." Ketch says.
"Shut up." Dean says, glaring at them.
"Do you hear that?" Allison asks, stopping in her tracks.
"Help! Help us!" A faraway voice yells. The team starts running towards the cries for help. They stumble upon a cave and look to each other.
"They're coming from in there." Allison says with determination. Allison takes off her backpack and heavy vest in order to enter the small opening.
"I'd highly advise against that, Miss Winchester." Ketch says.
"Don't tell her what to do—but don't go in there, Ally." Gabriel says.
"Help!" The voice screams. Allison looks to her brothers.
"We can't leave them." She pleads and Sam shakes his head.
"We've encountered some monsters we can barely kill, Al. We don't know what's in there and it's just not worth it." Sam says and she huffs at the cowards.
"We have a mission to complete. It's nearly dark and we'll need to head back to camp soon." Castiel says grimly.
"I'm doing the right thing. No man left behind." Allison sighs, gets down on her stomach and slides into the cave. Dean rushes to grab her foot but she disappears within the cave.
"Dammit, Ally." He sighs and follows his sister inside the cave.
"Dean, we don't have time for this." Castiel says.
"Bloody hell." Ketch follows the two siblings inside.
"I'm staying out here with you guys." Gabriel says. "They're ca-razy." Sam shakes his head and leans up against the rock wall.
"Sam—" Castiel says.
"I know, Cas. Just give them a minute." Sam says.

*******************************************

Ketch gags as he breathes in the rancid air of the cave. He reaches an open space where Allison and Dean stand.
"I'm sorry, Dean." Allison says.
"It's all good. We're here now. Let's just get this done." Dean says and Allison smiles.
"I'm with you on that." Ketch says. "Smells of rotting liver pâté."
"It's bodies." Allison says, turning to two openings within the cave. "This way." The men follow the girl and cock their weapons.
"Help!" The now closer voice calls. They reach another wide open space with a horrific smell.
"Oh, God!" Dean gasps holding his nose.
"It's too dark." Allison says and lights a match. Right in front of them, lies a stack of rotting bodies and they groan. Ketch feels a dripping liquid on his head.
"What is...that?" Ketch says as he looks up at the ceiling. Above the hunters are several human looking creatures with black, shiny shell-like skin and red, beady eyes.
"Help me! Help me!" One of them cries, like a human.
"Help us!" Another one says as it salivates on Ketch.
"Oh, my God..." Allison says and the hunters start to back up towards the exit. One by one, dozens of the creatures drop down and approach the hunters. Allison blows out the flame.
"Just stay quiet and still." Ketch whispers. The hunters hold their breath until one of the creatures tackles Ketch and pulls at his clothing. Ketch screams as one claws his chest.
"Sam!" Dean yells and starts to fire his gun. Allison slices one's head off and then leads them away from Ketch by lighting another match.
"Over here! Fresh meat!" Allison taunts and they gravitate towards her.
"Allison, no!" Ketch yells. Allison pulls out her machete and begins decapitating the creatures as they come to her. One grabs her arm and bites it, causing her to drop the knife. Dean looks over to his sister after killing the majority of monsters.
"Ally, no!" He screams as one of them rips into her shoulder with its jagged teeth. The creatures pull her to the ground and start feasting on her torso. Dean and Ketch run to the girl and kill the remaining creatures. Ketch pulls the creatures off of Allison and gasps at the severity of her wounds.
"No no no no no." Dean says and caresses Allison's face. "Jesus, Al. Don't die on me." Dean says. Ketch kneels down and lights a match.
"Dean." Allison sobs weakly.
"What's going on?" Sam yells, and chokes at the smell of the cave.
"We were attacked." Ketch says, his voice low.
"No." Sam drops his weapon and runs to his siblings. The two angels stand at the entrance, stunned.
"It hurts so much." Allison cries. "Please help me." She sobs. Dean looks down at his blood soaked hands and starts to cry.
"Cas, do something! Please." Dean hugs his sister's mutilated body. Sam starts to weep as he embraces his brother and dying sister.
"I—I don't think I can." Castiel whispers, looking to his hands.
"I'm powerless...I can't do anything without my grace." Gabriel says and runs to his dying best friend. "Ally, please. Stay with us." Gabriel pleads. "Did you even try to save her?" He hisses at Ketch.
"She saved me." He says, a tear gliding down his face. Allison coughs up blood and Dean brushes hair out of her face.
"I'm sorry." She says. "I was so stupid."
"You just wanted to save them." Dean whispers.
"You were so brave, Al." Sam says, holding one of her hands.
"You guys have the mission to take care of. I'll be okay." Allison wheezes and Castiel shakes his head.
"No man left behind." Castiel says as he walks over and puts a hand on Dean's shoulder. Dean sadly smiles at the angel.
"Can you...can you sing?" She asks Dean, her green eyes glassy.
"Dean? Sing?" Gabriel jokes and Allison gives a raspy laugh. Gabriel grips her hand and he squeezes it hard.
"The one song...Daddy always sang it to me when I'd go to sleep." Allison says, smiling. Dean cries softly and brushes her tears away. He knows the song.
(Play video)
"Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home
Sleep pretty darling, do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby" Dean sings and Allison nods with a warm smile. Ketch backs up slowly from the dying girl and exits the cave feverishly. Allison closes her eyes and Sam joins Dean in singing the song.
"Golden slumbers fill your eyes
Smiles await you when you rise
Sleep pretty darling, do not cry
And I will sing a lullaby"
Allison's chest rises and falls one final, arduous time. Dean gasps for air as he bawls over his sister's corpse. Sam looks down at Allison's lifeless body, shaking with grief. Castiel feels useless, for he couldn't fix her and he can't fix their broken hearts.
"My baby! Sweet, sweet baby." Dean cries and Sam continues to sob. Castiel gently rubs Dean's back as warm tears trail down the angel's face. Gabriel looks solemnly at the grieving men and continues to sing.
"Boy, you're gonna carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time"
Sam slowly joins him in singing. They all rise to their feet as Dean picks up Allison's body. The team, now short one valuable member, leaves the cave, all feeling a heavy, insurmountable heartache.
"Boy, you're gonna carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time"