6. Into the darkness

Heather walked down the halls in the waverider slowly. She didn't want to go but she was falling deeper into her nightmares and she needed help. As she Came to the door, she pulled down her hood and slowly entered.

The room was barely lighted. Heather waled cautiously to who she went to see. Suddenly something came at her! She screamed and then there was laughing, she looked and saw an orange cat looking at her.

"Ginger!" She scolded. 

"That's Tiger." The man in the chair said. He turned in the chair reviling a much older Ray Palmer without a bit of hope left in his sad eyes.

"Hey Ray." Heather said kindly and walked up to him. "How are you?"

"Your brother took away my playmate." Ray said smiling slightly. "What is Sage doing?"

"She's with Liam." Heather said without giving more information. She looked at the sad old man who she adored with kindness.

"I don't believe you came here just to hear an old man speak." Ray said looking at the girl.

"I do enjoy hearing you." Heather told him then looked down. "But you are right, something has been troubling me."

"Is it the death of your mother again Heather?" He asked looking at her.

"No," She said looking up slightly. "It's the dreams her death left me with, I am sure it's not just fear. There is something about her death that makes me dream."

"What have you been dreaming?" He asked.

"Well it always starts the same, I am in my room writing when I am called to the bridge, when I get there I find out no one called me. When I start to walk away I start to get dizzy. Then the next thing I know I'm watching myself hurt people, my hair is black and my eyes are grey."

"Hm that's quite the interesting dream there Silvia." Ray said as Heather flinched.

"I really prefer to be called Heather." She told him now looking into his eyes.

"But that's not the name you were born with." Ray said. "That dream is interesting, Your mother had been complaining about bad dreams too at once."

"Before she died." Heather said quietly. "I remember."

"Ah, sorry." Ray said.

"They are starting to get in my way again," Heather went on. "I am starting to see them in the day. Do you thing Cisco might be able to help?"

"We were clearly told not to talk to him ever again." Ray reminded her.

"But what if it's like his vibes." Heather muttered but Ray didn't hear. "I gotta go."

"And where would you be going in such a hurry?" Ray asked.

"It's a surprise." Heather told him then, after saying goodbye and giving him a kiss on the cheek. she  ran off back to the room with the big tv.