13.

With Archibald still on his business trip and Joseph showing up like he did, my mood was all over the place. The only person I felt could bring me back down to earth was Archibald. I missed my man.

With Lauren and I getting closer by the day, working at the strip club had become more fun. She helped me create routines for whenever Mack gave me stage time.

Lauren and I had gone shopping together and taken a trip to the spa. Well-needed girl time.

"You know with all the money you've been making from solo dancing on the stage, you should look at some apartments in the city." Lauren suggested, we were doing our make up in the locker room, getting ready for work.

Lauren was right. My bank account had made it to the double digits in the thousands. I could afford it.

"They have some openings in my building. I could show you around. Come home with me tonight." Lauren told me.

"Okay, I'll meet you there. I have to get some clothes from my place."

Tootsies was super lit tonight. There was a ton of white men here tonight and I just knew they were here to blow a couple of bags.

I made my way over to a group of men, making sure to smile and look seductive.

"Hey, fellas. Which one of you wants a dance from me tonight?" I ask sweetly, licking my lips and smiling. My pearly white beaming.

A few of the guys shared a look between each other.

"Oh, no. We're okay." They say, hesitant, and looking away from me. What the fuck? Am I ugly?

"You guys sure? You look like you could use a lap dance. Something to release some stress..." I trailed off, speaking innocently. I wasn't giving up that easy.

One of the guys looked at me and frowned. "Look, no offense or anything but we know who you are an we don't want anyyyyyy trouble." He tells me.

Know who I am? Sir, who the fuck are you?!

"I'm sorry do I know you?" I wonder, taken aback.

"No. But you're Archibald's lady, right? He gave us strict instructions not to touch you." He tells me.

Archibald was something else. This cut into my money. This wasn't right.

"Well, that was very shitty of him. You tell him when he comes back from his business trip," I started to say but the confused looks on the men's faces stopped me from continuing.

"Business trip? He's not on a business trip." Another guy blurts out, causing another from the group to nudge him on the arm.

"Look, we think you are super sexy and all but we just can't take any dances from you. Sorry." They all turn away and go back to drinking and vibing to the music.

If Archibald wasn't on a business trip then where the fuck was he?

I tried my best to no let those guys or what they said get to me.

Instead, I found myself at the bar, ordering a drink to calm my nerves.

"Would it be alright if I got you a drink tonight, cutie?" The last time a man ordered me a drink he was white as hell and turned out to be Archibald.

This time is was a tall, brown skin honey who hovered over me. This man resembled Trevante Rhodes so you know he was fine as hell.

"I wouldn't mind," I smiled up at him.

"Beautiful face, beautiful smile, and from what I can tell, an even more beautiful body." He replied, eyeing me up and down. When he returned the smile, golds shined from his mouth. Damn, n*gga you so damn fine!

"My name is Karma." I introduced myself, shaking his hand.

"I'm Josiah," he informs me, finally taking a seat next to me. "Before we speak, can I ask you something?" He questioned. I nodded, yes the fuck you can.

"So, is Karma your real name, or like your stage name?" Josiah wondered.

I couldn't help but laugh. Why is everyone so surprised by my birth name?

"That's my birth name. My stage name is Sweetie, if you must know." I tell him.

"Okay, okay. Well nice to meet you, Karma. What are we drinking tonight?" Josiah got right to it, ordering us a round of shots and finishing the conversation off with an Apple martini for me and a rum and coke for himself.

"I would love to stay and chat, but have to get back to get back to work. Staying here with you is unfortunately making me no money." I say, laughing but also dead serious. It was true. I'd wasted nearly an hour talking to this gorgeous man. The only thing I'd gained was intoxication.

Josiah chuckles. "How about I buy your time?" He states, pulling out a stack of money from a Gucci backpack that was attached to him. He slapped the money on the bar.

"You serious?" I raised my eyebrows.

"As a heart attack." He says sweetly, smiling down at me.

"Well, if you insist. We can head up to one of the private rooms if you want." I suggest to Josiah, who nods and follows behind me, upstairs to the sound proof rooms.

We continued to talk, I stripped for him and he added another stack.

"I like you. Would you consider letting me take you out sometime?" Josiah let's out, watching me put my outfit back on.

"I have a boyfriend." I say, simply.

Josiah didn't seem phased by my words. "We can be friends. That's totally fine by me. Hit me up sometime." Josiah tells me, kissing my cheek slowly and sliding a piece of paper into my hand before leaving the room.

It was Josiah's phone number. The kiss he had planted on me lingered for while. Soft lips.

Was this wrong?

But my mind traveled back to something else I had remember from a few hours ago.

Where the fuck was Archibald?