16.

Of course when Archibald's white ass saw me he started kissing all over me. I lightly pushed him away from me.

"Everything alright?" Archibald immediately began questioning me.

"It's been almost a week since I last saw you. Let's just catch up for a bit, okay?" My words caught him off guard. Clearly, I wasn't as horny as he was and that seemed to shock him.

"We are catching up." Archibald huskily whispers in my ear, locking his hands around my waist as his places light kisses on my shoulder.

"Let's just talk. Can we do that?"

"Fine." Archibald huffs and let's go of me, sitting on the edge of one of the black leather couch he had in his living room.

"Good. How was your business trip?" I wondered, adjusting my clothes that he had bothered. Although I knew he hadn't really gone on a business trip, I was eager to see if he was going to fess up or continue to lie.

When he looked down and started shaking his leg, I could tell he was nervous. The moment of silence was too long for my liking so I started.

"I spoke to Laura today. I know you weren't really on a business trip." I mutter out, finally breaking the silence between us. Archibald looked up frantically. "I'm not upset that you went on a family vacation with Marianne. I'm just disappointed that you felt the need to lie about it."

Archibald stood up and placed his hands in the pockets of his grey sweatpants, might I add that he looked good in them. Wink, wink.

"I know I shouldn't have lied. It's just that with us being so early in the relationship, I wasn't sure how you'd feel about it." Archibald admits.

"I would never expect you to choose me over your family," I reassure him. We both smile at each other.

Archibald pulls me in close to him by my belt loops, placing me between his legs. I place my hands on his shoulders as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Let's get drinks tonight." Archibald suggests.

"Helloooooo, did you forget I'm under age?" I snapped my fingers around him.

Archibald chuckled. "You'll be fine. Just go home and change. I'll pick you up later on tonight." He pecked my lips twice before he walked me downstairs to the lobby, where he had a driver take me back to my apartment.

Now that Archibald was back, I could feel my life becoming a little more peaceful. My mind was no longer thinking negatively about my parents and the ghost of Rayquan's past was no longer haunting me.

Lauren sat on my bed as I got ready for my outing with Archibald. "So, you mean to telllllllllll me, you just "okay, it's fine"?" Lauren mocked me.

I couldn't help but laugh. "I mean, he had a good reason for not telling me." I tried to explain to her.

"You shitting me! You should've made me take you shopping for lying like that. He probably slept with that elderly bitch too. Did you ask?" Lauren replies. Sometimes, she can be a little too dramatic.

"I highly doubt that he did." I tell her, rolling my eyes and sucking my teeth at the same time.

"You never know, these old white men are something else." She says, looking down. "I'm gonna go. I have a date with Carter soon. Lauren told me, running out of my place quickly to go get ready.

I made I sure I dressed accordingly. On my body was a red bodycon dress, black heels, and a black fur coat. My hair was in a slick back ponytail.

Archibald and I met up in some fancy bar on the rooftop of a five-star hotel. It was dimly lit with, mostly red furniture, and candles lit all around the bar.

Archibald slipped the bouncer a bill to let me in without an ID check.

The bar wasn't too crowded. Men in small groups crowded the bar. I spotted a few good looking brothers from the corner of my eye. They smoked cigars and held glass cups of liquor. Fine asses.

"Tell me more about Hawaii. I've never been out of this state." I beg Archibald for the millionth time, sipping the cosmopolitan he had ordered for me.

Archibald gave me a side eye before giving in.

"It's incredibly hot there," Archibald starts to tell me but suddenly stops and focuses his attention to a figure behind me, which I felt against my back.

"You know I thought to myself 'who the hell is that beautiful woman entering the bar? Oh wait, I know her.' So you know, I had to come kick it to you real quick." Immediately, I knew the voice.

Josiah.

"Oh, heyyyyyyy." I say, definitely caught off guard by his sudden appearance. Who the fuck do you think you are?

Archibald raises his eyebrows, a look of confusion splashed across his face.

When I couldn't find more words to put towards the conversation, Josiah took the initiative of doing it for me.

"I'm Josiah Whitaker. A new-found friend of Karma's." Josiah reaches out his hand to Archibald where they shake awkwardly. "Although, Karma doesn't answer my texts. I'm not too convinced she wants to be friends." Josiah jokes.

Oh, god. This isn't a good look.

"Josiah, can I talk to you for a second?" I kindly ask, hoping to tell his retarded ass to slow his fucking roll in front of my boyfriend.

Josiah nodded, "Nice to meet you, sir."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I exclaim, once we're in the corner of the bar and I'm sure no one can hear me.

"What did I do?" He questions, scrunching his face up as I got ready to answer him.

"You just disrespected me and my boyfriend," I say, going over the sequence of events that had just happened.

Josiah's jaw drops.

"You telling me, that you're in a relationship with that old ass man at the bar? What the fuck, Karma?" He snaps. "That's why you've been ignoring me?" Josiah scoffs in disbelief.

I opened my mouth to defend my relationship but he holds his hands up so I stopped talking.

"Look, I'll be at your job tomorrow night waiting outside when you get off. I'm taking you out." Josiah states simply, but serious enough so I knew he wasn't playing. "And you better start answering your phone." He instructs.

I stood still, in disbelief.

"Okay." I finally manage to get out.

Josiah placed a light kiss on my forehead before walking away.

As I stood in the corner paralyzed from what had just happened, my eyes managed to find Archibald who had watched the entire encounter.

His face was red.

He was pissed.