14.

After those weirdos spilled the beans about Archibald not being on his so called "business trip" I started blowing up his phone.

"You know everybody gets white-boy-wasted at Tootsies, what if Archibald really is on a business trip? And those guys were just being drunken idiots." Lauren pointed out.

I shook my head, no.

"He didn't tell me where he was going. He also said he would be out of touch." I remember the night before he so called left. "I just don't understand the need to lie."

Archibald knew everything about me. My issues with my parents, the death Rayquan, and me being attacked in the apartment.

"All I'm saying is, let the man explain himself before you go all ape shit!" Lauren exclaims, throwing her hands up.

"Oh, I am not gonna go ape shit." I say calmly.

Lauren sighs. "Kay," she begins, "there are veins popping out of your neck." She points her finger right above my shoulder.

We were on the fifth floor of her apartment building, checking out a potential new crib for me.

"These are great for singles. People with no kids and live alone." The building manager led us inside a studio apartment. It had opec white walls, a half kitchen, incredible living room with big glass windows, and the bedroom was huge.

The building also came with a complete gym, a laundry room, and a rooftop pool.

After I signed the lease for the apartment, I got my things from Lauren's place and headed back to my soon to be old place in the projects. It was time to pack.

When I got out of my Uber, I noticed a familiar face from last night.

Josiah.

He was chopping it up with a group of men on the steps of my apartment complex. Oh, god. Bitch, you better fix yourself!

I asked the Uber driver to give me a few seconds so I could apply some gloss to my lips and fix the bun I had done earlier on my head. I was wearing a white crop top and grey biker shorts with a pair of white converse. Childish.

"Ohhhhhhh, shit!" Josiah cheered as he saw me walking up to him. "You stalking me or something?" He playfully asked.

"Boy, please. You ain't that special." I sucked my teeth, trying not to smile at his humor. I slid past him and entered stood by the lobby door.

"You live here?" Josiah wondered, scrunching his nose up confused.

"Not for long." I say simply, entering the building.

There was knocking at my door not too long after I had made it inside. My living room was now a mess as I had thrown everything in bags and boxes that I planned to take to my new place.

I peeked through the peep hand a signed, heavily.

"I think this is stalking." I giggle, leaning against the doorframe.

Josiah stood before me. He wore grey Nike joggers, a white wife beater, air forces, and a red Du-rag secured on his head.

"First of all, you should've know I was gonna try to kick it with you. Especially since you live by my peoples." Josiah chuckled, throwing his hands up in defense.

"Whatever. Anyways, I'm busy." I tell him, shrugging before I attempted to close the door in his face.

Josiah stepped closer to me so that we were now chest to chest. "Busy doing what?" He asked in a deep, husky voice.

I backed up, my relationship with Archibald weighing heavily on my shoulders. I was no cheater.

"Packing, if you must know. I'll be moving within the week." I informed Josiah, who seemed a bit shocked at my action.

"Well, what can I do to help?" Josiah wanted to know. Was he really about to help me?

Not second guessing his offer, I began pointing to items that were trash and the items I was taking. He did all the heavy lifting for me and before I knew it, my life and belongings were all sitting neatly by the front door ready to be placed into better care.

Josiah and I walked to the front of the building to drop off the bulk stuff I was tossing out. The sky was starting to turn purple and the street lights had come on.

"Thanks. I really appreciated the help." I genuinely say, looking up at him.

Josiah gives me a cheeky smile. "Aw, it didn't mind. I'd do just about anything to spend time with you." He lightly tugs at my shirt, pulling me close to him.

We stare at each other for what seemed like eternity, our bodies touching.

He smelled so good.

Josiah brings me into a hug, running his hands down my back, stopping just my above ass. A fucking gentleman!

Finally, we pull apart. Josiah lifts my chin, looking me in the eyes. "Call me if you need help moving your stuff to your new place, alright?" He states.

I nodded, yes.

I watched Josiah's fine chocolate ass walk across the street where he hopped into a white on black 2018 Land Rover Velar.

After giving it some thought, maybe I should let Josiah help me move. He seemed like a good friend so far. There could be benefits to this friendship.

As I pulled my cellphone out, I proceeded to text Josiah But was interrupted by an incoming one.

From Laura.

Laura: Hey, im so sorry for everything I said. I miss you and I definitely don't want the friendship to be over. I made us reservations for lunch tomorrow at Carlitos. Meet me there at 1pm.

This sort of sucked. I mean, I did miss Laura too. But certainly not her selfishness and also, this added more guilt for being in a relationship with Archibald.

What was I supposed to do?