15.

There was something about this meeting with Laura that had me nervous as hell. Eventually, I'd have to spill the beans about sleeping with her grandfather.

I decided to keep my look casual.

On my body was a pair of blue high waisted skinny jeans, a white tank top I had tucked inside the jeans, and a pair of nude platform sandals.

My hair was parted down the middle, which I had flat ironed bone straight. I carried a Louis Vuitton tote bag.

When I met up with Laura, she had on a long white sundress, a yellow beach hat, and heart shaped sunglasses. She was also sunburnt.

"Hey, girl." I Laura greeted me. She stood up and gave me a quick hug.

"Hey, how have you been?" I truly wanted to know. There was still a part of me that missed my friend dearly.

Laura sighed dramatically. "Pretty good. I just got back from a family vacation in Hawaii." She tells me, happily.

"How was it?" I inquired.

"It was nice. Some drama but that was expected of my grandparents." Laura huffed. Grandparents? Plural? As in Grandma and grandpa?

"Aw," I played off how I really felt before I exploded inside. "What happened?" I asked, eager to know why Archibald had lied to me.

"Well, grandma doesn't want a divorce anymore so my mom thought a family vacation would get them to talk. But, there was nonstop arguing. They slept in the same room the first night but after, everything went downhill." Laura let out, a sadness washing her face.

"I'm sure everything will be fine." I assure her, sweetly. But I knew it wouldn't be. My feelings were hurt. Not because he went on a trip with his family, which included his ex-wife. But because he had lied about it.

Half an hour later, I told Laura I wasn't feeling well and dropped the money for my food on the table before I left.

As soon as I stepped foot out of the restaurant, Archibald was calling my phone.

"Hello," I answered into the phone, still quite upset after hearing Laura had said.

"Hey, babe. I'm home and I can't wait to see you. Are you off tonight?" Archibald spoke.

"Yes, I am. But I'm busy." I reply. I was not ready to see Archibald yet. If I saw him too soon, I know I'd be too upset to deal with him.

My stuff needed to be moved today, and that's exactly what I planned on doing.

"Anything I can help with?" Archibald offered.

"Not really," I answer. "I'll call you later." I tell him, hanging up the phone.

When I got back to my place, Lauren waited for me outside with a U-Haul to help me move. She was a good ass friend.

"Bitch, I don't have enough shit for this big ass truck!" I yelled, surprised. This was a bit extra. This truck was big as hell. And the only things I decided to take were mostly clothes and hygiene products.

"Lauren, you think too hard sometimes." I tell her. My stuff could probably fit in a Volkswagen Beetle, honestly.

"Fine." Lauren huffs, crossing her arms.

We went inside the apartment and got my stuff together, throwing everything in the truck. I dropped the keys off to the super and got the fuck out of the hood.

It was girl-talk time now and I was spilling the beans to Lauren about everything Laura had told me.

"You know, I think Archibald is a nice man and everything but I think you should rethink this relationship with him." Lauren suggests. We were unpacking my things in the new place and sipping red wine.

And she was right.

"I mean, I just wanna know; what do you want out of this relationship?" She questioned, seriously.

Honestly, I wasn't really sure.

"Archibald is pushing seventy and you're only nineteen," Lauren reminded me. "By the time you two try to build a life together, he's probably gonna be dead." She continued.

"I don't know," I started. "I've never really had stability in my life. My feelings for Archibald had somehow convinced that there could be some consistency in my life for once."

Lauren nodded. "Well, I can understand that. You assume an older man with money, has his life together."

"Maybe I was wrong, though." I confess. The only consistency between Archibald and I was sex.

"I think you should get to know Josiah a little more..." Lauren put out there, slowly.

I laughed.

Josiah was cute and very nice but I knew nothing about the man. He hadn't told me his age, what he does for a living, or where he's from.

"Maybe. I need to talk to Archibald first." I pulled out my cell phone and texted Archibald.

Karma: we need to talk.

Archibald: that doesn't sound too good.

Karma: I'll come over tonight.

Archibald: okay, see you soon babe.

My plan was to get to Archibald's place and confront him about his lie.

And I was also going to ask him the same question that Lauren had asked me: "what do you want out of this relationship?"

Once Lauren left, I put on a pair of high waisted distressed skinny jeans, a pink hoodie, and a pair of white sneakers. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my purse.

My phone buzzed as I got inside my Uber.

Josiah: can I see you tonight?

I decided not to respond.