Chapter 19

--------------Gene's P.O.V.------------------------------

*Flash back*

I pull away from the kiss, a little breathless, and say what I have been dying to say for a while now,

"I love you too."

Liam almost looked shocked, then relieved, and then total joy took over his features, he leaned down and kissed me passionately, and I didn't hold back. Our tongues danced together until I was about out of breath when I pulled away slightly, after I caught my breath I leaned in again, and so did Liam when we were interrupted.... by my growling stomach. Liam chuckled and pulled me in for a gentle hug.

"How about we eat first" He said, kissing the top of my head. I pulled out of the hug and grabbed a plate of delicious looking Alfredo, and immediately started eating.

During lunch we just chatted a bit until we had finished everything. Liam looked at his clock,

"It's 2:48 Gene, you have two more lessons today, and the first one is"

"At 3," I finished, "Yes I know Liam.. is there anyway I can skip?" I say giving him my puppy dog face.

"No Gene, not the face!" He covers his face in his hands and we both laugh.

"Okay, fine I'll go... but one more thing?" I ask. Liam raises an eyebrow at me and then kisses me. I'm quite enjoying myself when we hear the doors open, and quickly break apart. "Damn.." I mutter forgetting the fact that I'm technically not suppose to swear, Liam just chuckles again and helps me stand up.

He hugs me, and then kisses my hand, "See you in a moment, Princess" he says with a head bow. I sigh, knowing it is someone important who interrupted our kiss.

"Okay Liam, you know where I'll be" I reply, in my 'Authorative Princess' voice. I turn and almost run into the guy. He is a big bulky guy, probably another guard.

"Sorry Princess" the mystery dude says stepping aside.

I keep walking and head to my room to get ready for my two lessons today, the first one is equestrian, which I do actually love, and a 'Final Preparation' lesson, to get me ready for seeing my parents and going to my kingdom in a few days.

*Flashback ends*

I smile as I remember the day, I am currently laying in my bed on Liam's chest with his arms wrapped around me. My happy turns to one that is kind of sad, I only have 2 days left, sort of. I am leaving the day after tomorrow around 3, not quite sure exactly when yet. The memory brings a single tear to my eye, I try to stop it from spilling, but I can't and it slowly makes its way down my cheek. When it lands on Liam's chest he gently sits up and pulls me to him.

"It's gonna be okay, we will be fine, everyone will love you" he says softly, trying to soothe me. A few more tears escaped as I buried my head into his shoulder.... His warm, safe, strong shoulder, that isn't really mine. That thought kills me and a soft sob escaped my lips. I hated looking weak in front of him, and as a princess I'm not aloud to break down, anywhere or anytime. I have to be perfect 24/7.

***

I wake up in the morning with Liam's arms wrapped around me, like always.  I turn in his arms and kiss his chest, making him stir in his sleep.  I look over at the clock and see that it's 10:45.  I sigh and lay my head on Liam's chest,  today is our last day together, I wanna cry, but I can't and won't, today is gonna be a happy day.  I kiss his chest again and whisper his name, his eyes flutter open and he looks at me,

"Good morning beautiful". He says in his sexy morning voice.

"Good morning Liam, do you want to hang out with Trav and Bailey today? They might need some support.." I finish quietly.