Chapter 22

Chapter 22~~

GENEVIEVE'S POV------------------------

I sat down in the fancy dining room that, believe it or not, was bigger than the dining room at the hideout. As I was seated I couldn't really focus on anything except Liam. He kept flooding my mind, it was like an invasion of privacy I couldn't even think about not having him in my life. On the other hand though visions of me and the Prince married while Liam was locked up in a dark cold cell. It made me shudder just at the thought of him suffering because of me.

"Genevieve darling?" I vaguely hear my mother call out.

"Hmm?" I answer still staring downward at my plate filled with food.

"Are you okay Princess?" I hear Prince Xavier ask.

"Oh... um yeah I"m okay I"m just really tired.... it's uh been a long day," I respond.

"Speak up Genevieve it is not polite to mumble especially considering you are a princess," My dad lectures.

"I'm terribly sorry father," I say louder and enunciate the words carefully.

"Damion leave her alone it's been a long day for everybody, now get on with what you would like to say to everyone so that we may continue with the very lovely supper the chefs have provided," My mom says while smiling politely at the chefs.

"Right, so as you may know, there was an incredible turn of events at the wedding early today," The king starts while looking toward the Duke and Bailey.

The duke looked like he was fuming, you could practically see the anger radiating off of him.

"The nerve of that......" The duke mumbled under his breath.

"Daddy, stop it's not that big of a deal," Bailey tries to comfort him.

"Not that big of a deal? He ruined my daughter's wedding AND who knows what else, he could have been a pervert that I relied on to take care of you with his life," The duke yells gradually getting louder.

"Enough!" My father's voice booms throughout the dinning room silencing everyone. I flinched at the power in his voice.

"This is not a dinner for an argument. This is a dinner so that all of us can decide what we need to do with Travis. He is one of our top guards we can not just allow him to stay in the dungeons. So the real question is what to do with him," My dad says.

"I'm pretty sure we can, you know for a fact that if the princess's guard was in love with her you wouldn't even think twice about leaving him in the dungeon no matter how much talent he has a a guard," The duke argues.

You wouldn't think twice about leaving him in the dungeon.

The duke's words just replayed in my mind over and over. The images of Liam in the dungeon flash through my mind again. I glance over at Bailey and she's looking at me with a sorrowful expression.

"You are absolutely right Duke, however you also have to think about the fact that next to Liam Travis is our most talented guard and Bailey would be more safe if he was around,"

"Excuse me, but I think you are right father. If Travis is as talented as you say he is it would be an incredible waste to not have him actually guard somebody important. So I would suggest Travis to be Bailey's far guard at the very least, because as my father pointed out earlier he is a very talented guard that should not be wasted," I say in my best authoritative voice trying to save Travis' butt.

"No absolutely not," The duke claims.

"Sir, I do think the Princess makes a good point though," Alec says sticking up for me. "If Bailey does indeed have to get married then why not have Travis out and be her far guard after she's already married? That way there's nothing that he can do about it and he's not too close to the duchess,"