Chapter four

Chapter 4

RILEY'S POV

Continuing flashback (first day)

I had been staying at Cassie's home for about ten days now and things had been pretty great. Life is better than I ever remember it being at home. Cassie although a total mother, never reminded me of my own mother.

My mother had these crazy big expectations for me; she wanted me to be this perfect cookie cutter son that all her friends could gush about. She wanted to parade me like a trophy. In the beginning I didn't really mind, I thought it was nice that she was proud of me.

We would talk all the time about college and girlfriends and stuff. So naturally when I slipped up, the first time I took drugs from Brian (former swim team captain) I presumed she would at least hear me out. I was freaking scared, I was younger then and I didn't like how they made me feel.

I was crying like a baby and apologising and she wouldn't even look at me. I was confused as hell, I mean I knew she wouldn't be happy or anything. After that she started pushing me with school harder, my grades were never good enough for her. Every time we fought she would use the drugs as some sort of conversation ender. If she wasn't winning it was her special card she liked to play.

You know when you fight with your parents and the argument is going your way and they all of a sudden bring up something that sweeps your feet out from underneath you. Yeah well that was weed and my mom, you don't want to know what she did when she figured out I was doing cocaine.

Actually you do know. She kicked me to the curb.

Cassie wasn't afraid to talk about my past. She didn't roll her eyes at me or tell me I was stupid. I knew she didn't fully understand how I got myself there but at least she wasn't giving me a hard time for the mistakes I have made.

She was excited for me this morning. It was out first day back at school. She was running around the house since six this morning. The first couple of mornings she woke up early to get breakfast for me or get clothes ready I got up to stop her or help at least.

As soon as I would enter the room earlier then she expected she would pout and whine about how I ruined it. So against my instincts I let her get up I listened to her hum her way through the house and I even pretended to still be asleep when she came and placed clothes at the end of my bed.

The only thing that dragged me up was the smell of bacon that filled every room. My mouth watered as I practically sprinted downstairs. She was smiling at me and almost jumping up and down when I reached the table.

I made an extra effort to moan loudly at her food which I knew made her happy, it wasn't that hard because the food was amazing. She poured orange juice for both of us and sat cross legged on the counter eating her plate.

"I was waiting for you to get up for ages" she grumbled playfully

"Sorry princess I was trying to figure out why you wanted me to look like a bank geek on my first day"

She scowled loudly "oh hush up, I like that sweater, I think they look good on you"

"I'll have to disagree princess"

"Well you're not wearing sweats anymore. I demand you at least wear the jeans"

I laughed and placed my dishes in the sink. "So we're making demands now are we?"

"We sure are" she said through a mouthful of bacon

"You look so sexy like that" I teased

She made a face swallowing her food she slapped playfully at my bear arms.