Chapter eight

Samuel's POV

Continuing flashback

"You can put your bags down just here Riley will take them to your room in a second" the girl, Cassie as she had told me in the car, smiled at me.

"Your house is incredible" I whispered. It would be rude not to tell her if she plans on keeping me here.

She blushed and waved her hands at me before turning and kind of skipping to the kitchen.

Riley chuckled from behind me "she was never good at taking compliments"

He walked in front of me towards the kitchen following Cassie and I followed closely behind.

I found myself gravitating towards Riley. With my father being who he was I usually didn't sway much towards men. There was something about him, apart from striking good looks, which I found comforting.

The kitchen was obviously the centrepiece of this entire house. It was huge and really homely. It split in the centre and became a lounge area with a huge stove. The couch was almost as big as my bed had been and packed full of fluffy pillows.

I wanted nothing more than to flop down and sleep for a while. It was so cold outside at night the fire was calling my name.

My day dreaming was cut short when I heard Cassie calling my name.

"Sweetie you want anything to eat?"

I shook my head and she frowned. "Well I'm making pizza and cookies so maybe you'll have some of those?"

"It's alright" I said quietly

"We'll I'm not making them only for you, me and Riley are hungry" she said while putting on an apron

Riley laughed "we literally just ate Princess"

Cassie slapped Riley's shoulder playfully making him laugh harder.

I just stood there awkwardly watching. This was a nice change, seeing people actually having fun in the kitchen.

The kitchen in my house was always cold. Even in the summer I could get the shivers during dinner.

"Anyway you must be cold from being outside, I know I am."

I shrugged and she grabbed a towel from a room next to the kitchen. She threw it to me and I only barely managed to catch it.

"You can go upstairs and use the shower. I'll get your room ready for you"

I made a move to walk upstairs but stopped myself.

"What about your parents?" I asked

Cassie stopped messing with dishes and smiled sadly at me.

"It's just us" she held her hand out to Riley who fist bumped her open palm. She scowled and went back to messing with dishes.

"I was attempting to make a moment" she grumbled

"Sorry Princess" he chuckled

When she saw that I was still standing there like an idiot she came to me and ushered me out through the door.

"Go, go, and go. Now get clean and come have some food." 

It took me a while to find the right bathroom. I tried a few doors but they were locked, it thought it strange that so many of them would be but who I to judge what people was wanted to keep secret. One was open and it looked empty so I decided to use this one.

There was a huge white bed in the centre and it was like the brightest room I'd ever seen. I would have given anything to lie down for a few minutes.