Chapter eleven

Samuel's POV

Continuing flashback

Recap

"Do you always introduce yourself to everyone twice?"

"No" he leaned in and whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I couldn't tell whether they were good or bad shivers. "Only the cute ones"

He winked at me as walked away.

I stood there gawking after him. I couldn't tear my eyes from his back. He had just called me cute, me! Cute?

What was going on in this school? I was here half a day and already so confused.

It's was alright here I guess. Way different from my old school, there was more people here and I didn't really like that. I spent all day bumping into people over and over, each time jumping ten feet into the air. I wonder what I looked like to them. Probably like a scared little freak I guess.

They wouldn't be all wrong. They weren't mean or anything, some looked scary but the majority paid me no attention. And I knew that Cassie and Riley are here somewhere, if I need them. 

I was fine here. I would be fine. Things would be better here, even if sometimes I wish I had my mom. I don't remember her ever being nice or anything but I could cry in front of her and know how she would react. I didn't know how they would take it if I ever truly broke down.

My thoughts swirled quickly around my head as I turned back in the direction of my next class. Adam was long gone, thank god he hadn't seen that little interaction with Derek, whatever it was. 

Before I could move more than two feet I smashed into someone who caught me in their open arms.

Needless to say I obviously squealed like a girl and back away from the stranger, but stopped when I heard the laugh. That deep sexy laugh that had my cheeks tinged red in seconds.

"A bit Jumpy Sammy?" Riley laughed at me.

I don't know what overcame me but I threw myself into his arms. He stiffened shocked by my sudden attack but recovered quickly wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey what's going on Sammy?" he spoke softly in my ear. I just tightened my grip on his waist and he steered us into a separate classroom closing the door behind him.

He peeled me off him and I had to bite my lip embarrassed that I had clung to him like a child. 

"Did something happen?" his eyes crinkled with worry.

"N-no n-nothing"

"Then why are you stuttering? You haven't done that in a few days. I don't like it"

"I'm just nervous I guess" he didn't look convinced

"I'm also overwhelmed, this place is huge and I haven't been bumped so much in my life"

He sighed and gave me a smile "Sammy I thought someone had hurt you! I was going to have to kick Adam's ass for leaving you alone"

"No don't get mad at Adam he's been really good! He even introduced me to his friends"

Riley's face scrunched up in disgust "The football douche bags?"

"They're not that bad!" I laughed at him and he scowled back

"They are too, just be careful with them ok? They kind of draw in trouble"

"I will, I swear"

He smiled and put his arm over my shoulder. I snuggled into his side breathing in his smell of mangos making me smile. I loved when he did stuff like this, I knew if I questioned it he would let me go so I didn't say a word.