someone will be there when the tears won't stop

(Draco's POV)
(Italics represent thoughts)

Draco had finished going over the results half an hour ago and he was getting a bit bored. He knew Harry wouldn't want him to go over the results in front of Ron and Hermione and to be honest Draco also didn't want to go over the results in front of Ron and Hermione either. Draco knew that Harry was hiding something because Harry just wouldn't break down like he did earlier without something heavily affecting him. Draco sighed, he knew he couldn't help Harry because he didn't even know Harry that well. A year isn't long enough to gain full trust from someone - especially someone who's branded with his mark. It made Draco sick just thinking about it. He covered it with make-up everyday but make-up didn't make it disappear. The clock read 3:10. Draco slowly stood up and grabbed his papers and left to tell Harry.

"Dr.Malfoy?"

"Yes, Reese." Draco replied.

"Could you come to room 7 please?"

"Why?" Draco asked, slightly confused.

"Well, Dr.Halstead left me with a patient and she needs a drug that I have never administered before and I was just wondering if you could do it whilst I watch so I know for future?"

Draco wondered what to do, he could help the trainee doctor or he could go to Harry. He knew Harry needed him but Reese also needed him however Harry was his top priority. "You know where my office is right?"

"Yes."

"The door opposite my office leads to Dr.Choi's, go to him. I'm sorry I can't help you right now but I need to see a patient who needs to be administered drugs."

"Ok, thank you Dr.Malfoy."

Draco hurried to Harry's room. Draco's heart broke at what he saw. Harry was looking at the scar from the worst injury and crying. Draco rushed forward and pulled Harry into a hug, forcing him to look away from the mirror. Draco sat on the bed letting Harry cry into his shoulder. When Draco felt Harry had calmed down enough, he lay him down in his bed and propped him up on pillows. "I'll be back in a second, do you want anything?"

"No, thank you."

Draco got up and went to the front desk. "Hey, April. Can you get me the largest blanket you have please?"

"Yeah sure. May I ask why?" April asked.

"It's to cover up a mirror." Draco said, April gave him a confused look, "I'm pretty sure a patient of mine has PTSD and looking at his scars makes him uncomfortable, so I'm covering up the mirror in his room so he can't look at them."

"Ah, Okay. I'll be right back."

Draco waited at the front desk for less than a minute. April was fast. "I thought you might need it fast."

"April, you are great. What would I do without you?"

"Oh, Dr.Malfoy. You flatter me." April said chuckling.

Draco took the blanket and ran back to Harry's room. Harry was looking down at his hands but his head jerked up instantly when he heard Draco come in. Draco's heart fluttered at this. He seemed happy to see me Draco thought I wonder if...

"What's that for Dray?"

"Oh, you'll see," Draco said, showing his signature smirk.

Harry shook his head and smiled. Draco dropped the blanket and rummaged around in the draws until he found what he was looking for. He grabbed two push pins and handed them to Harry. "Hold these for me."

"Okay bossy." he heard Harry reply. Draco was going to pick up the blanket but stood back up again when he heard Harry say that. He saw Harry smirking at him.

"Excuse me?" Draco asked.

"You heard me Mr.Malfoy." Harry said, his smirk now on full display.

"You cheeky bastard." Draco said, smirking ever so slightly.

"Oh, I could call you worse. Like-"

"Don't forget, I know your weakness." Draco said.

"No, don't. Please don't." Harry said looking fearful but giggling.

"I won't this time Potter but next time... you might not be as lucky..."

Draco got back to what he was doing. He held the blanket up in front of the mirror to make sure it was the right size. It was perfect. Draco held one corner up while he took a push pin from Harrys hand. He repeated that process on the other side. Draco was so absorbed with getting the mirror covered up that he didn't notice the few tears that had made their way down Harry's face. Draco looked up and saw emerald eyes glazed with tears. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just... Thank you Dray. It means so much you would do that for me."

"It's fine." Draco said, putting his arm around Harry. Draco felt Harry snuggle into him. This brought back memories. Harry used to have moments in their "8th year" after the war when he would panic and start crying and he wouldn't be able to calm down for ages. Draco used to just sit with Harry with his arm round Harry and just waited for him to calm down. Harry always used to snuggle into Draco because he felt safe with Draco.

"Dray?"

"Yes Harry?"

"I don't want to go back to the burrow," Harry paused and took a breath,"so can I take up your offer and move in with you?"

Draco couldn't believe it. Harry wanted to move in with him. He was going to live with Harry. The Harry Potter. "Yes, of course. Can I ask you why?"

Harry took a deep breath, "I don't think it's the right place for me to be right now. They don't like me for what I did for Ginny and my mental health has been bad lately and going back there would just make it worse."

"How long have you suffered from mental health issues?"

"Since after the war."

"Oh, Harry." Draco felt a lump start to form in his throat.

"Severe anxiety and severe PTSD. Depression on top of that but it's not as bad as the other two."

"Oh my god Harry," Draco felt like he was about to cry, "why did you never tell me?"

"I thought you had enough on your shoulders with you father being in Azkaban and your mother on house arrest. I didn't tell anyone until about a year ago."

"But surely they would have known if you were having a flashback or stressed out."

"It only happens when I am alone and I put a silencing charm on my room before I went to sleep so nobody would know. Looking at scars makes it worse as well."

Draco pulled Harry in closer. He felt his shirt becoming damp and noticed Harry crying, "I just never feel safe, you know? It's like someone's waiting to grab me. I just wanna feel safe but I can't." Harry was sobbing by this point.

"You'll always be safe with me."

They sat in silence for a few minutes. Draco felt a tap on his arm and he looked down to see Harry's emerald eyes. He couldn't get enough, Draco would stare all day into those eyes if he could. "Thanks, ferret." Harry said while looking up at Draco innocently.

"Anytime, scarface."

Draco watched Harry close his eyes and within minutes, he heard snoring. Draco smiled and looked down at the wonderful human sat in front of him. He's so pretty. And beautiful. And hot. And handsome. And cute. And adorable. And amazing. Draco stared at Harry for a moment then lay him back down on his bed. Draco looked back at Harry before he left. Oh, I never gave him the results. Well, it can wait until the morning. Draco turned and bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry Theresa."

"No worries Dr.Malfoy. I was just wondering if you could cover Dr.Rhodes night shift - he wasn't feeling well so he went home."

"Of course, I've only had a short shift today anyway."

"Thank you Dr.Malfoy. Much appreciated."

Draco smiled. This meant he could check on Harry through the night. And Draco was over the moon by this.