be mine

(Harry's POV)
(Italics represent thoughts)

Harry wasn't thinking. He just leant closer into the the kiss. Harry couldn't believe it, he was so sure that Draco didn't like him. But here he was kissing Harry. The kiss was everything Harry imagined. Short but sweet - nothing more than that. They both broke away at the same time and Harry looked up into Draco's silvery-grey eyes. He smiled softly.

"How long?" Harry whispered. He knew Draco knew exactly what he was talking about.

"5th year." Draco replied, whispering.

Harry brought his hand up to Draco's face and stroked his jawline. "Me too."

"I mean... it was probably way before 5th year but that was the year I accepted it." Draco said grasping Harry's other hand.

"Is that why you didn't tell Bellatrix?"

"Is that why you saved me in the Room of Requirements?"

They both nodded simultaneously.

"It killed me..." Draco whispered.

"What did?" Harry's eyes full of concern.

"Hating you and getting the dark mark. That was when I knew I could never have you. Never mind call you my friend." Harry watched Draco's eyes fill with tears. "I didn't want it. I never did."

"I know you didn't Dray." Harry whispered.

Tears fell from Draco's eyes.

"Don't cry. Please don't cry." Harry whispered moving his hand to wipe the tears.

"I tried so many things to remove it. I tried to wash it off. I tried to scrub it off, I stopped after I started bleeding. I tried to cut it off. I tried to burn it off." Draco choked out.

"Oh my gosh... Dray. Why?"

"It was a label. No one would see me for who I was again. I would just be the former death-eater to them." Draco said as more tears fell from his eyes. "Nothing more but probably less."

"Show me." Harry whispered looking into Draco's eyes.

"Wha- Why?" Draco asked looking confused.

"It would be easier if you showed me now rather than later."

Harry watched Draco pull up his left sleeve hesitantly. To his surprise there was nothing there.

"I put a glamour over it so no one asks." Draco said before Harry could say anything.

Harry nodded, he didn't think it was the right time to speak. Draco removed the glamour from his arm revealing the dark mark. It was deformed from all the damage but still there. There were hundreds of cuts over it and the whole area was a burn scar. Harry could see that Draco really had tried everything to rid his arm of the mark. Harry felt sick just looking at the... mess... on Draco's arm. He felt a lump rise in his throat, Harry couldn't bare the thought of Draco hurting himself. He wanted to tell Draco that it's okay and the mark would fade and go away. But it wouldn't, it never would. Harry couldn't tell Draco it's all okay and that wanted to make him scream. That mark carried so much weight - Voldemort, death, harm, war, pain, loss and so much more.

"Oh...Draco," Harry whispered, his voice shaking. Don't cry. Let you comfort him this time. Let him show his emotions. "When did you... you know?"

Harry saw Draco swallow nervously. "Uh... halfway through 8th year." Harry's mouth fell open in shock. Draco hadn't told him. Harry should of known. He was nearly always around Draco. You would of thought he would have at least noticed there was something wrong. "Harry, you wouldn't have known. I have covered it with a glamour right from the beginning so it wouldn't look suspicious if I always hid my wrist or always wore long sleeved shirts."