스물 둘

i can't believe I finally finished this goddamn chapter

sorry again for how long it took smh
Hope you'll like it

As usual, my life isn't very stable rn so I can't promise you anything about when the next update will be... I can only promise that I'll do my best !
Enjoy ~

  Jungkook remembers it perfectly.
After all, it's difficult to forget about something you've seen countless times in your nightmares.
He remembers their glory days. How Junghyun went from struggling with files in a law firm on the verge of bankruptcy because of how mediocre their billables were, to making managing partner and becoming one of the greatest lawyers that firm had ever seen.

All thanks to his and his brother's mischiefs. They took on bigger and bigger clients, and as they rose to the top, the stakes of the risks they took rose with them. Everyone knew the Jeon brothers weren't good people. Everyone knew that instead of catching the bad guys, they helped them get away with their monstrosities. Everyone knew, but they just couldn't fucking catch them.

There were no slip ups. No evidence. No forgotten loopholes. Nothing that could be used against them. There were other lawyers in the firm who did the big pro bono cases, pretended to give a shit about humanity and made them look good in the eyes of the public. Meanwhile, the Jeon brothers exonerated people who committed the same disgusting crimes they denounced in the pro bono cases.

Judges bit their lips until they drew blood as they ruled murderers not guilty.

The devil's advocates is what they were.

They destroyed people's lives. Helped the rich get richer and made the poor miserable. Anyone who presented themselves with enough benefit to catch their attention was immediately taken under their wing, regardless of whether or not they were guilty.
Dozens of CEOs, corrupt officials, daddy's girls and boys, drugged athletes and bored, wealthy psychopaths knocked at their door and admitted to their disgusting crimes loud and proud, because they knew the Jeons would make them disappear the moment they waved some cash at them.

They've always seen right and wrong as two separate paths. The right path was a difficult, time consuming and tiring uphill road, while the wrong path was a slope so rapid you could just relax and slide right down its easy descent.

The one thing they didn't seem to know was that once you go down the wrong path, you should be excessively careful not to close your eyes and let yourself go, otherwise you might just brutally crash at full speed on the first obstacle you encounter.

Their obstacle was so fucking simple.
It was one fucking teenage girl's Snapchat story. Their client was a sixteen year old douchebag whose parents were ridiculously rich. He was accused of abusing a girl at a party while she was drunk.

The moment that boy walked into the room they knew he did it. That fucking look on his face, it just gave it away instantly. It was a look that said he didn't give the slightest shit about the consequences of his actions, he was just glad to have finally put his virgin dick in a hole.

Junghyun initially didn't want to take the case. Everything pointed directly at him, and the fact he was an absolute dickhead wouldn't have helped them play the innocence card in court. But the little brat's parents promised them millions and suddenly, Jungkook found a solution. Something inhumane and absolutely beyond fucked up, but a solution anyways.

He made the girl look like a liar.

And he didn't feel the slightest ounce of guilt as he destroyed her inside out, dismantled every piece of the story she had the immense courage to tell, discredited all the evidence they put together until she broke down in the middle of court and they had to stop Jungkook from breaking her even more.

PRISONERS [Taekook]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara