스물 넷

A/N: I'm adding a trigger warning because in my last chapter some of you weren't happy that I didn't put one... I'll just remind you that I put all the trigger warnings for this ff in chapter zero, please feel free to read them again. This fiction definitely isn't for you if you're easily triggered. I'm not going to put poetry where there isn't. Brutal things will be described brutally. I want to talk about sensitive, important subjects in this fanfiction, because I like to make meaningful works even if it's "just fanfiction", and I will do so as naturally as it comes to me. And it usually doesn't come in glittery unicorn shit. This fanfiction includes dark, sensitive themes, such as murder, rape, violence, mental illnesses, homophobia, transphobia, etc.

If you don't feel capable of reading about this, this fanfiction isn't for you. Big TW for this chapter, especially, probably one of the darkest I've written.

You've been warned, now please enjoy this long ass chapter (7,9K words bitches) and please let me know what you think...

_________________

  Namjoon enters his house slowly, careful not to make too much noise.

There's a woman lying on the couch, half asleep, lids heavy and tired. The moment she hears the door click shut, she uses the armrest as leverage to lift herself up into a sitting position. Once she sees Namjoon smiling at her at the door, she smiles back and motions him to come closer.

The tall man leaves his bag at the door and gets on his knees near the couch so he can bury his face in the crook of her neck, softly inhaling her sweet scent. As she tangles her fingers in his hair, he denotes the familiar smell of coconut scented shower gel. He takes a moment to revel in the shivers caused by her smooth fingers as they glide down his nape, lightly scraping the back of his head.

God, how much he needs this.

"Sorry I'm late," he whispers, planting a kiss on her shoulder, "there was a last minute emergency."

"It's okay. I've been waiting for you for dinner. Jaesun is already sleeping, though, so we shouldn't make too much noise."

Namjoon reluctantly tears himself away from the soft touches so he can look at his wife. Her face is puffy, she's clearly battling against fatigue, but to him she looks as beautiful as ever. He cups her cheek and stares back at her loving eyes, drowning in the sea of shining stars that live in her dark irises. He feels lucky to have her. It's thanks to that wonderful woman that he manages to get through every single hardship of his life every passing day, it's because of the way she loves him unconditionally when he comes home after a long shift that he has the strength to start another.

"Thank you for being here for me, I know it must be hard since I got promoted as head guard... All the impromptu overtime, the mood swings, and just... me being generally annoying."

She chuckles, slowly dragging her nails down Namjoon's cheeks.

"I'm your wife, it's my job to deal with your shit, just like it's yours to deal with mine."

"What shit? You're an angel," he smiles, eyes sparkling with pure love as they wrinkle at the corners.

She leans forward, her lips caressing his as they share a feather-like kiss. Namjoon's heart beats slowly in his chest, he breathes evenly and comfortably, his muscles are relaxed. He knows he's home, because he feels warm and at peace.

After dinner, Namjoon embraces his wife goodnight and goes out on the balcony for a smoke. She doesn't mind, she understands that he needs some relief, some time alone after spending a whole day surrounded by people. She just tells him to hurry up so they can cuddle to sleep, plants a sweet kiss on his lips and goes to the bedroom.