Across the River and Around the Ben.

By my so far calculation, it has been over three hours now since we left the small river bank. Between those three hours or longer, Peter and Edmund would switch between rowing. It was now Peters turn, his clothing was now dry. This river seemed huge as we kept going strait, grass now lined the river bank. Another hour in, the bank of the river started to get steeper until we were in a bank with a bend and steep cliffs.

"Finally something more interesting." I thought as I stuck my finger in the clear blue water.

When I looked up on top of the cliff, I saw big huge trees that had grown really high. However they looked bigger then normal trees would and seemed to have wider trunks, but they looked beautiful even still.

Every one was silent, but every know and then we would talk about something that we noticed or something that we thought of, Susan would usually state a random fact. Peter and Edmund would keep switching between rowing and resting, I said I would row but they wouldn't let me. So I just put my head in my hands and stared at either the water or the bottom of the boat, how fun right?

Another hour had past now and by the look of the sun it was around Lunch, I was hungry and could feel my tummy rumble.

"What do we have for Lunch Peter?" I asked him.

He looked at me with a (are you serious right now) face, but none the less looked to edmund who just shrugged and rummaged through his shoulder bag.

"Apples."  He told me pulling out a bright red one.

I sighed because I should've known that from the beginning, "Can I have two please?"

He replied with a small frown,"I can only give you one, we need to save them. One per person a meal."

I shrugged and took the one shinny apple he handed to me, so far I had three apples at the ruins of Cair Parivel and this would make four. I bit into the apple and even though it tasted divine, it was starting to get old. I then started thinking about meat and fried food, I however had to stop because that was making me not want to eat the apple.

"They look so still." Lucy spoke with a sad tone hinted in her once happy voice.

Trumpkin looked at the huge trees around him and said in a very dull tone,  "Their trees, what would you expect?" 

"They used to dance." Lucy told him still very sad and disappointed at the reality that what Narnia used to be, was long gone. This was a new Narnia, I think Lucy didn't want to admit it.

"It wasn't long after you left that the talmerains invaded, those who survived retreated to the woods and the trees they retreated so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard from since."  Trumpkin explained.

I mumbled kind of sad as well, "That's so sad."

I grabbed my locket and gave it a squeeze but I didn't let go this time, my gaze fell on Lucy who looked very lost right now.

Trumpkin laughed a little at my statement, "If you believe it."

Lucy sighed at the disbelieving dwarf, "Well I don't understand all this, how could Aslan let this happen."

Trumpkin scoffed, "Aslan, thought he abandoned us when you left."

Peter looked back and I could see guilt in his eyes, "We didn't mean to leave you."

The dwarf didn't even look at him and questioned Peter,"It makes no difference now, does it?"

Peter looked frustrated now, at the dwarf or at himself..I think it was both.