Waging a Duel

Peter had taken control now and he called a meeting in the stone table room, we all needed to plan our next move. I sat next to Caspian and looked at my brother who was pondering what to do, this was very sudden and this needed quick decision.

However everyone was talking at once, it was really loud and I couldn't hear anything. Thank God my grandpa taught me how to whistle, so puckering my lips I blew the loudest whistle I could manage. Everyone grew quiet (some even jumped) and looked at me, I caughed and pointed to Peter.

"Thank you dear sister." he said in a sofisticated voice.

I smirked and nodded letting him take the floor, he seemed much better then before..may be some alone time cleared his head.

"Actually I'll let my sister take the floor." Peter announced turning around to look at me.

I was kinda shocked that he'd want me of all people (who i might add were more qualified then me) to talk, however I caughed about to state my opinion. That opinion had to do with Aslan, we needed him weather Peter thought so or not and I think he was slowly coming to that realization.

"We know that the last plan didn't work, we need to think of a good plan something that distracts them." I spoke to every one in the room.

Peter coughed clearing his throat, he looked like he was swallowing his pride and he probably was.

"I was thinking that Lucy could go find Aslan." Peter looked down at the floor, he was definitely eating crow.

"Cakes and kettledrums! That's your next big plan, sending a little girl into the woods alone!" Trumpkin shouted looking at Lucy like a overprotective father.

Peter shouted back at the dwarf, "It's our only chance!"

"I will be with her, she's not going alone." I told Trumpkin how ever he looked at me like I was crazy.

"You!!! What???" He exclaimed in absolute displeasure.

I sighed at his reaction full on knowing what this was about, "What? I've changed since the boat! I killed a bear remember?"

Trumpkin looked at me not wanting to face the possibility that I was right so he ignored my question, "Haven't enough of us died already?"

"Nikabrik was my friend too, he lost hope but Queen Lucy and Christina haven't.... and neither have I........ for Aslan." Truffle hunter told him while putting a comforting hand on his shoulder.

The talking bear that had been quiet until now repeated the badger while saying in a low voice, "For Aslan."

Honestly his voice was adorable, may be all Narnian animals weren't bad.

Trumpkin looked at Lucy with a hit of worry tucked in his voice, "then I'm going with you."

"No, your needed here." Lucy told him as she put her hand on top of his to comfort him.

Peter looked around the room, his eyes scanning for anyone with a good idea of how to go about this situation, that's when Caspian boldly stepped forward.

"If I may... Miraz is a tirant and a killer but as king he is subject to traditions and exceptions by his people. There is one in particular  that may buy us some time." Caspian suggested which I was very proud of him.

"Peter you will challenge him to a duel, he can not refuse." Caspian continued.

"I will go deliver it Peter." Edmund volunteered, as I recall he was a great spokes man in the Golden Age.