Chapter 3

Swords & Shields

Chapter 3

Genevieve went on a morning ride with her horse through Sherwood Forest. She needed some time to clear her head and work on forgiving Gisborne, if that was even possible.

She heard the crunch of leaves behind her and she checked over her shoulder, only to see the one and only Guy of Gisborne approaching her, finally ending up right next to her.

"You really don't give up do you?" She sighed with the smallest of a smile. She was in a good mood today, therefore she was easier on the heart.

"Not when I want something, no." He said with a slight chuckle. He had a slight determination to rebuild the bond that they had once shared.

"Guy... I'm trying here. I'm trying so hard to forgive you but.. Its not working." She said in defeat. Shw wanted to make this as easy as possible. Maybe it was Marian's time?

He reached over from his horse to hers and grabbed both of her hands in his, since their horses were brought quite close together.

"Why is it this hard for you? It really shouldn't be." He said, softly.

"I don't know Guy.." She said and as if on cue, an arrow flies and hits the tree next to Genny.

With an inward grin, knowing her plan had worked, she shrieked and her horse reared, tossing her off. Part of the downfall of her plan but it would work nonetheless.

From behind a tree, Robin Hood appeared, an arrow strung as he approached the fallen woman.

Before Guy could react, Genevieve was snatched from the ground an was now in Robins hold, a knife pressed to her throat.

Her plan was to prove to Robin that Marian had done good to Guy, softened him. She had asked for one chance to prove that Guy knew kindess and compassion.

She wanted to prove it to herself more than to Robin but they both needed it to calm their souls.

"Genevieve!" Guy shouted and quickly dismounted his horse, sword at the ready.

"Hello Gisborne." Robin said.

"Hood." Guy nodded.

"You say her name is Genevieve, eh? Well then, you obviously care about her don't you?" Robin said, intimidatingly.

Guy didn't answer but he couldn't keep the worried look from flashing across his eyes as the blade was pushed closer to her neck.

"You do? This is perfect then, you have taken the only person I cared about from me, now its my turn to take that back from you." Robin shrugged. "Only fair." He finished and raised the blade, acting as if he were going to end Genny.

"Please! Don't hurt her.. Please." Guy begged.

Robin stopped the knife. "Well, you did ask nicely..." He held the knife against her neck and made a small cut, a few drops of blood spilling out before he gave a secretive apologetic look to her and disappeared into the forest, now believing Genny.

Guy rushed to Genevieve, not even caring that Hood had slipped away again. It wasn't his main priority at the moment. Genny was.

"Genevieve, are you okay?" He asked in concern.

"You proved me wrong, Guy." She simply stated, ignoring his question.

"What? What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean, you do have kindness in your heart, you know love and compassion, it just takes a push to show it." She said with a small smile.

Guy helped her up.

"Only to those who deserve it." He said with a slight smirk.

He walked towards the horses and used a lead to tie Genevieve's horse to his. He then picked Genevieve up by the waist and put her on his horse, climbing on behind her.

"This isn't really necessary Guy, I can ride a horse just fine, its just a small cut." She said, looking back at him.

He chuckled slightly. "I know."