Chapter 13

Swords & Shields

Chapter 13

--

Genevieve sighed as she sat alone in her chambers. She had to make Guy believe her someway so this seemed like the only way to do it. Seem phased enough to not leave her bedroom. She was interupted in her thoughts when a loud knock sounds at her door.

"Come in." She said and Guy emerged through her door, followed by Vaisey. She realized now that she hadn't seen her father since the day that he had thrown her in the dungeon for aiding Robin.

"There is someone here that would like to see you, my dear." Vaisey spoke up with a grin and stepped aside, revealing a third person that had emerged through the door. She found it oddly unsettling at there being three men in her bedroom but she was even more unsettled by whom had entered.

She had quickly recognized the newcomer to be Prince John. The backstabbing son of King Richard. She wanted to scowl so badly at the man but put on her best smile so her fathers reputation wouldn't be at stake, nor his life.

"Prince John. How wonderful to see you again." She lied and looked to Guy who seemed to have shared her discomfort and he gave her a small nod.

"M'lady Genevieve. I bet it is." He replied. She wanted to smack him for being so high strung but that would get them all killed so she contained her attitude.

"Why did you wish to see me?" She inquired, wanting this to be over as soon as possible.

"Leave us." He motioned for Guy and her father to leave the room and they both obeyed with a simple bow and left them alone. She wanted to scream for at least Guy to come back but she knew that again could get them all killed.

"So. I heard you were kidnapped by Robin Hood, yes?" He asked, pacing before her bed.

"You are correct." She replied.

"So that must mean you have built up quite a hatred for the outlaw. Is that also correct?" He asked again and she shook her head.

"It is improper for a lady to hate another." She lied again. She deeply hated Prince John.

"Very well. That is all." He said and strolled out of her chambers. She finally let out a breath she didn't realize that she was holding in.

-

Robin, for the rest of that day, worried about Genevieve. To settle his mind, he decided to sneak into Nottingham and pry around to see if he could find her.

Once he had made it to the gates, he snuck around the gates and with the help of his men, he made it over the wall and onto the rooftops where he could spy on whoever was in the courtyard.

He noticed Gisborne and a guard speaking to eachother but he also noticed a well decorated carriage enter the town, he didn't understand how he didn't spot the carriage before in the woods or when he was going over the wall but he watched to see who came out.

He was shocked to see none other than Prince John himself, climbing out of the carriage. Around that time, he felt the tip of a sword at the back of his neck. He turned to see some of the guards behind him.

Irons were clapped on his wrists and he was dragged to the courtyard, watching as Guy, John, and Vaisey disappeared into the castle.

There were shouts from guards for Vaisey and Guy to come back and soon enough, they did. Guy looked infuriated, yet overjoyed. Only he could pull off both without looking like he's got something mentally wrong with him.

"You've caught Hood!" Exclaimed Vaisey in joy. "Look Gizzy, it only took them two seconds! Yet another job done better." He said while clapping.

Guy looked utterly annoyed now.

"Take him straight to the ropes, I've been dying to see that outlaw swing." Guy grumbled in his dark voice.

By now, Genevieve had heard thing entire ordeal going on so she rushed out just tin time as they were dragging him up the wooden stairs.

"Wait!" She cried as they began to tie the noose around Robins neck.

All eyes were on her now. She thought of something to explain the halt of the execution.

"S-Sorry, I didn't want to miss anything." She decided on, with an apologetic glance to Robin, who nodded to her and she stood next to Guy.

She pleaded in her mind for his men to save him. Although it seemed unlikely. Every guard there was in Nottingham was here in the crowd. It was up to her.

An idea popped into her mind as they prepared Robin.

"Guy, on second thought, I feel as though I may be sick. Excuse me." She said quickly and ran back inside the castle, heading straight to Marian's old quarters.

She opened a trunk in her room and dug to the bottom, finding her old nightwatchman outfit and quickly putting it on before the tears started rolling down her cheeks.

She grabbed a bow from her room and headed over to the south tower that overlooked the execution area.

Once she was there, she drew back an arrow, and just as he was about to swing, she let it fly, the arrow splitting the rope and Robin took off. There was a ladder heading down the back of the tower and into the ground, convienently, and she scaled down it, making way to Sherwood and the men's new camp.

--

Robin has panting horribly when he made it to the cave camp that they had newly found. He didn't know who cut him free but he didn't take the time to figure out who it was.

He heard a snap of a twig behind him and looked back, expecting to see guards but only seeing Genevieve in the nightwatchman outfit that Marian use to wear.

A grin spread across his face.

"I thought you looked like you needed some help out there." She finally spoke up with a giggle.

"Obviously I was doing just fine without your help." He joked and she approached him and hugged him.

"Its still far from over though." He said after they both pulled back.

"It'll never be over. Unless.." Genevieve teased and smirked slightly.

"What?" Robin inquired.

"Guy and the Sheriff are leaving town. No one knows for how long and where they're going but I know this, they are going to act like they are still there, but if you can get to the guards and persuade them, you can be Sheriff." She said with an excited smile.

There was a look of complete surprise and astonishment on Robins face.

"I won't take the position of power.. I can't. But I know someone who will." He said with a sigh.

"Thats what I love about you, Hood." She said and gently pressed her lips to his.

---

[ I KNOW I HAVENT UPDATED IN 482910947463901927736462891 YEARS OKAY SORRY ]