Chapter 7

[ a/n- for anyone who didn't know, the other inspiration for this story was the amazing book by @armitageforever Master Of Arms ! ]

Swords & Shields

Chapter 7

--

Genevieve knew that Guy would be furious with her for ditching him and going after Robin, he would probably think she would get killed and maybe come after her, he wouldn't find her though. She was somewhere he would never find her.

That being the Outlaws Camp.

They were all laughing and mocking eachother as they feasted on whatever was left of the bread that was given to Robin yesterday. It wasn't the best but it was worth more than it would have if she was sharing it with anyone else.

It went quiet then as they all sensed a noise nearby, a gentle rustle of leaves that could mean anything. It could mean a forest rabbit scuttling along the edge of the forest. Or it could be an intruder.

"They're around here somewhere. I know they have her too. Find them and kill Hood!" It was Guys voice from barely a league away. They all tensed and Robin looked to Will, who nodded and went to a lever, pulling it and the entrance to the hidden camp closed and they were in the dark.

Genevieve didn't know what to do, she didn't feel any others around her until she felt a hand on her shoulder. She didn't spook as much as she would have, mostly because who else could it have been? She didn't even bother to turn around.

"Stay back, if they do find a way in, we need to be hidden." It was Robins voice in her ear and he showed her where they hid when danger showed.

There were a few bunks with curtains with a space large enough to fit Little John that lined the side of the entire camp and Robin demonstrated and pulled the curtain closed.

"Now open it." His muffled voice came from inside and she opened the curtains to the bunk he was in. He had his arm drawn back with his sword at the ready.

"Now if you were to happen to be Gisborne, I would have run you through with this sword." He said proudly with a sly grin. I couldn't help but smile back.

"And if Guy opens my curtain?" I inquire. I wasn't going to stab Guy, even if my life depended on it. It was just something I wouldn't do.

"You're a good actress, just go along with the kidnapping stories you've been telling." He said and she giggled, closing his curtain and sliding into the bunk beside him, closing her curtain and holding her sword like he was.

Soon enough, there were sounds of hooves on the top of the camp, followed by sounds of confusion. "What is this?" Was one of the main questions asked by none other than Guy of Gisborne.

"I think its one of Hoods' traps, My lord." One of the guards replied. He was a very smart one to think it was a trap and that voice was all to familiar to be just any guard. It was Allan A'Dale. Former member of the Outlaws Gang.

She knew everyone else had heard it to, for they were whispering his name as well. It was a very hard thing to hear but a good thing as well. He was protecting the gang!

"You're right. Run!" He shouted and the sounds of hooves we deafening as they galloped away and they all slipped out of hiding and opened the door again, only to see that Allan and Guy had acted the entire time.

Robin cursed. "I knew that was to easy." He muttered under his breath and quickly looked to Genevieve, who looked terrified. He gave her an apologetic look in advance and she knew what was coming and nodded, starting to run towards Guy.

"Guy, help!" She cried before Robin, once again, had her from behind, a knife against her neck. She did her best to act like it was scaring her badly. Her face was pleading as she looked to Guy for help.

"This again? Come on Hood. You won't hurt her. We all know the real truth here." Guy said calmly, eyeing Robin deviously. His theory was that in truth, Robin deeply cared for her. Which was true.

"Really? Testing me Gisborne?" He said as he lightly slid the knife across her neck, not deep enough to kill her, he would never do that. She was too important to him and he didn't kill if he didn't have to.

"I see your point in that but you would never kill her. Or in fact make any deep puncture wound with that knife." Guy smirked, raising an eyebrow to see if any hesitation remained.

"Really? We'll see about that." He took a wild chance here and knew it was going to hurt her, and him for that matter but he took the dagger and pushed it into her shoulder.

Her screams filled the forest as she felt the searing pain go through her shoulder and all down her arm and a look of horror flashed across Guys face. He hadn't believed that Robin would do that but he did.

"Stop! Let her go!" He shouted frantically.

"John!" Robin yelled and Little John nodded and took his staff and rammed Guy so he fell unconcious. All that was left now was Allan. Everyone gave him a hard stare and John did the same to him.

They relocated the bodies back to Nottingham and Robin took the gang and Genevieve to the cave where he had healed Marian. It was from then on, where he would heal anyone wounded.

"Djaq, can you help her?" Robin asked as they got there. The small Indian female looked at him with a strange look with one hand on her hip.

"Stop being so serious Robin, of course I can heal her, its just a small wound in the shoulder." She rolled her eyes and Robin, who was carrying Genny, carefully set her down on the little rock that Marian had been on.

As Djaq began to work, a wave of sadness hit him full force, all the thoughts of Marian dying and almost dying in here. It brought all the sadness back. He stepped outside into the brightness of the day and leaned against a rock. He was letting her go now. He yearned to love again after her and he thought that maybe he had found the person he could love. Genevieve. But maybe after this, she would hate him. Maybe she would understand. 'Maybe' was used in all his thoughts these days. He was thinking for god knows how long when he felt a pressence by his side. It was Genevieve. Her blonde hair blew across her face at the oncoming wind.

"You should really be resting, Genny." He told her, looking to the side so he was face to face with her. She nodded and shrugged as if to say 'what are you going to do about it?'.

"Yeah, I should. But then I wouldn't be able to tell you that its okay. You did what you had to do and I'm not mad." She explained and he smiled. He felt good now. Like he had finally done something right.

Their faces were inches apart and he could feel her warm breath on his lips and he closed the space between them, leaning down and pressing his lips gently to hers.

Genevieve was surprised at his actions. So soon after Marian had died, he was here, kissing her. She was proud of him. He had let that part of him die with her and now he had opened his heart up again. Only to have closed it around her and she didn't mind.

Once they pulled away from eachother, they were both out of breath slightly and red in the face. Genny was mostly red in the cheeks from slight embarrasment about what was about to come out of her mouth next.

"I love you, Robin Hood."

---

[ a/n - who saw that coming? ]