Chapter 21

[ I know HAHAHAHAH 21. Get over it 😒 ]

No one slept that night. Genevieve tossed and turned in her bunk, unable to shake the disturbing feeling of Robin just outside her curtain. She sighed and debated whether or not to get up.

If she got up, she would have to deal with awkward silence with Robin or an awkward talk with him. She decided to wait.

And wait..

And wait.

She was over waiting now. Robin just didn't seem to fall asleep. Or maybe it wasn't even Robin. Maybe it was Kate or Little John. She sighed again and pulled back her curtain and stepped out.

No one was there.

She heard a rustle just outside the camp and opened the lift, peering out.

There were tracks on the ground and she followed them. They were a few minutes fresh. She found the end of them at the cherry blossom by the river.

Her eyes met Linda, sitting with her back turned to her and she was skipping stones across the dark river.

"I know you're there." She stated and Genevieve jumped. She let out the breath she didn't know she was holding in.

"Now, who you are is a different question.." she said and reached for her dagger which was a few feet away.

"I-Its me, Genevieve." She spoke.

Linda scowled but Genevieve couldn't tell.

"Oh you. I heard about what you did to Guy. Lets just make one thing clear, you will not hurt him like that again or so help me god I will kill you, sisters or not." She snapped and Genny winced.

"Well, I didn't mean to say it, he just made me angry. He spoke of it being okay that our father was gone for good and that everything will be fine because he was going to soon be sheriff and we could live happily ever after but I couldn't bear to agree to that and be with Robin at the same time. I cared about him don't you see? If I didn't tell him that way, he would have tried to find me. I had to hurt him or he would just get hurt worse." She explained.

Linda didn't respond and just got up and turned towards her. She then wrapped her arms around her in a hug.

Genny didn't ask why, she just accepted it, feeling as if she needed it anyway.

Back at the camp Robin had awoken early, now staring at the empty spaces that held Genny and Linda.

He then heard voices. Laughter. He looked towards the oncoming voices. Linda and Genevieve came into view and he felt a smile coming on but rejected it.

He knew better than to act like things were okay now.

Genny's smile faded when she saw him and she quickly whispered to Linda and smiled as Genny walked away from the camp.

All he was left wondering was where she could have gone.