Chapter 23

Genevieve didn't sleep much that night. She was stuck thinking about wether she had made the best or the worst decision of her life by trusting Robin again.

She then heard voices. Very quiet voices coming from outside.

"I love you, Robin." It was Kate. Genevieve's heart nearly stopped.

"Believe me, I do to but, as a friend and Genevieve is who I truly want to be with." He answered, which settled her nerves. She felt all warm inside like head just lit a comfortable fire in her heart that could never be extinguished.

She then let her eyes close yet she didn't fall asleep. She lays there peacefully until she hears her name being whispered to her.

"Genevieve." It was Robin. She pulled back the curtain to her bed and blinked groggily.

"Yes, Robin?" She answered, followed by a lazy yawn. She didn't understand why she was so tired now when she wasn't just minutes ago.

"Could you come with me?" He asked, grinning up at her as she climbed down from her top bunk.

"Sure." She replied and he began to walk outside of the camp and she follows him as they walked silently through Sherwood.

It was quite odd.

Robin seemed nervous and quiet and he was never either of those things. Her grey eyes searched the surroundings and she realized that they were heading towards the stream.

Once they arrived at the guttering stream, Robin turned to face her, looking down at her since he was quite tall and towered over her.

The moonlight glinted off of the water and the reflections glittered in her eyes like bright little stars.

"I don't want what happened between Isabella and I to ever happen again, so I need to ensure that you will be mine, and only mine." He began.

"What are you saying...?" Genevieve asked, tilting her head slightly.

"What I'm saying is...." He paused and got down on one knee, holding a little carved box and opening it, inside was a small ring embedded with beautiful stones.

"Genevieve Vaisey, will you do me the honors of marrying me?" He said with a grin.

Genevieve didn't hesitate to speak.

"Y-Yes!"

~The End.
Robin and Genevieves story continues in the next book:
Blood & Love~