Chapter 4

Swords & Shields

Chapter 4

After Guy and Genevieve made it back to Nottingham, Genny had worked on forgiving Guy. It was hard but maybe it was worth it, lose a friend, gain a friend, right?

Guy climbed off of his horse and helped her down as well. She dusted off her dress which she had changed into this morning, it was white with a simple long-backed dress.

"Thank you." She said and smiled.

"No. Thank you." He said.

"For what?" She crossed her arms.

"Forgiving me." He said simply and she nodded, turning on her heel and walked back towards the castle when the gates opened.

She turned around and watched as two guards, Vaisey at their lead, hauling a weary-looking Robin Hood.

Genny forced down a gasp and stared wide-eyes at him.

They tossed him to the ground and he groaned, looking up at Guy and I.

"Easy." He moaned and got up, only to he pushed back down to his knees.

"On your knees, Hood." Vaisey said with a grim expression.

Genevieve winced and turned away, she couldn't see this happen. She felt a hand on her shoulder.

Guys voice came from behind her.

"Whats wrong? The man who was about to kill you is caught. Aren't you happy about that?" He asked.

Genevieve shrugged.

"Should I be?" She asked and then walked towards the castle, before stopping at Robin's agonizing scream.

She turned to look and Vaisey was removing a dagger from his core.

"Stop! Stop!" She shouted and pushed her father away.

"Defending Hood, are you my dear? I've never been so betrayed!" Vaisey shouted. "Throw them in the dungeon!" He shouted in fury..

"What?! Father!" She shouted in disbelief but he didn't answer and she didn't care, her main concern for now was Robin.

They were both dragged into the castle and brought them down into the dungeon, tearing her dress.

They loved the door and Robin scooted against the wall and held his stomach.

"Robin!" She said in a panic.

He didn't answer, he was to busy focusing on his own wounds.

She tore a long piece of fabric from her dress and took the little bottle of aloe sap and smeared the last of it left and without a word, she lifted his shirt and wrapped it around his small wound.

"It didn't go deep enough to do serious damage, you'll be fine." She said more to herself than him.

"Thank you, Genevieve." He said.

"Anytime." She said with a small, sad smile.

The door to the dungeon burst open and Guy came through and unlocked the door.

"Genevieve, come with me." He said, just as his eyes fell on Robin, shirtless and her dress slightly torn with the piece around Robin.

His face fell.

"You helped the whelp?!" He shouted.

"No one should suffer like that and what happened was wrong. He doesn't deserve that." She defended.

"He deserves a exactly that. He tried to kill you." He said.

Genevieve sighed. She turned to Robin and mouthed. 'I'm sorry' and He nodded.

"I guess you're right.." She said and followed Guy out of the cell.

"Lock the cell when you're out." Guy reminded her.

She nodded and waited until he left to speak to Robin.

"Can you run?" She asked in a hushed tone.

"What?" He asked, standing.

"I said, can you run?" She said again.

"I believe so, why?" He asked again.

"Start running and get back to Sherwood, Now!" She whispered and knocked herself to the ground as Robin broke the ground running.

"Guy! Guy! Help!" She screamed and Guy came rushing in, hand on his sword.

"What happened?!" He growled, noticing the open space in the cell.

"I went to close and lock the door and he attacked me and escaped." She explained/lied.

"Maybe next time, eh Gisborne?" Robin chuckled from the window and dropped down a little ways, being caught by his men and they all evaded Nottingham, heading for the forest.

"Guards! After him!" He said and helped her up.

"Are you alright?" He asked as I dusted myself off.

"Just the usual, being threatened by Robin Hood." She sighed with an inward smile.

She hoped that Robin and his men made it to the forest safely.

[ a/n devious little Genny. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ]