I was given a home to stay..

JESSICA

CHAPTER 4

Queen Valerina didn't seem so evil to me. She just wanted something back and by the judge of it Seth stolen something very valuable to her. I look down at the raven.

"Seth?" His head turn to look at me. "I know you're a demon but is this really your true form."

"No, Jessica, this isn't my true form. It's more hideous than this. Since we are stuck living together I will tell you everything and truthfully. You have to be honest too. There are rules to be set or either of us is going to die and that does not do very well for the two of us. First, I can go in and out of your body anytime but I can't be out of your body for too long at the maximum of 48 hours. Second, do not get hurt because if you do things will get pretty ugly if you do. There are a lot of people who is after me."

"Why is that?"

"It's because I am not exactly a demon. There are people who likes to be in your position. I am a demon who can possess human and they get to be immortal with me inside of them, but also I can be a very deadly weapon to both demons and humans so there are a lot of people who wants me dead."

"What did you steal from Queen Valerina?"

"There weren't much choice to begin with. It was to be killed or steal her precious jewelry? She never trusted me to begin with. Plus, like I said I didn't had much of a choice."

I smile at Seth and he flew onto my shoulder. I didn't mind him doing that. As a matter of a fact I felt safer with him. It's almost like I trust him.

"Once we're together we're going to stuck like this for forever. I personally didn't want to possess you but I had no other choice. I was already too weak after I escape from the underworld if you didn't call onto me. Then I would've died and you would die if I didn't take possession of you. So dear Jessica we are one. I appreciate that you let me in to your body. For that thank you."

I took in a smile and a laugh. "For a demon I thought you'll be evil I guess I was wrong. You're pretty nice, Seth."

"I am not nice. You have misunderstood dear Jessica. I had done many bad deeds in order to stay alive. My hands are filled with nothing but blood."

I took a closer look on him and I brought him up to meet my gaze, and I stare at him. "You're not evil, Seth. I can feel it."

"You're such a weird human," Seth compliment. "But it's been a while since I last talked to someone properly. It feels nice."

"Yea its nice to finally have someone to talk to."

And just like that Seth and I were getting along just fine. We were close as if I had finally had made my very first  friend. The feeling was incredible, but when the door suddenly to slam open. I backed away from the light and hid in the dark.

The guards came in and ordered me to stand up. Seth flew from my arm to my shoulder. "You're going to be fine. The Queen isn't as evil as the rumored is told." I listen to Seth and stood up. The guards showed me the way out and I walked out. As I scan across the hallway I find it hard to believe that I was inside the palace walls. It was like a dream to me, but I didn't dream that I would come to see the palace in this state.

When the guard halt in front of a bedroom door. I saw the queen inside that humongous room. It looked like an apartment. Queen Valerina grey eyes looked into mine, and it was a weird feeling, she feels safe despite that she has a strong beast inside of her. It was weird, but I could feel the beast. It was strong it was trying to controlled the Queen.

"Jessica," she called.

"Yes, your majesty."

"From today onwards you will be living here with me. This will be your bedroom."

My eyes widen my jaws dropped and took a look around thus bedroom. Its too big. A queen size wooden bed, two bedside drawer, window, sofa, and there were a lot of things. "This will be my bedroom?"

"I know what Seth did to your father. You're homeless without him. So stay." she whispered the last word however it was loud enough to be heard.

I couldn't help but to smile at those words. I guess Seth was right. The queen wasn't as evil as the rumored said to be. Tears of happines rolled down my eyes, and I open up my mouth to speak those grateful words. "Thank you, Queen Valerina. Thank you." She smiles a moment but less than a second her smile faded away into a cold look.

"Get some sleep." I nod my head as she walked out the room.

"Now thats rare," said Seth. "I have never seen Valerina smile like that before." I stare at him for a long time. "I know you don't what I am talking about, but you are still young perhaps in the few coming years you will understand the meaning if love." I yawned sleepily. "Get some sleep."

"mhmm" I muttered. He hops into my arms and disappears. I crawled into the bed they smells fresh and clean like they were just changed. The bed was soft and smooth. When I put my head onto that pillow I had fallen asleep.

And ever since that day I have lived inside this palace wall my life has been tied to Queen Valerina. As my ordinary life turns upside down.

Valerina P.O.V

Control. I told myself to control.

But the beast was raging inside of me. It wants Jessica.