Queen of the Underworld

VALERINA

Chapter 10

Despite her appearance little Jessica was still a child that I met yesterday. Looking at her sleeping next to me only ease my heart further. The beast had taken too much things away from me. I didn't want to loose anymore especially her especially Jessica. She was the very first person to have stopped the beast from controlling over my body.

She is unique even though she was destined to become someone cruel, a demon lord. A lord that rules over a fraction of supernatural creatures and even some forces that we even us the supernatural species. Rumors had spread that the Demon Lord Queen controls all the demon lord and their fraction because of her control she was told to have unbelievable powers that are said to be the most dangerous of her kind.

Demon lord, they are known to be wild and viscous looking but looking at Jessica she is by far the kindest person I have seen. It's hard to imagine this little girl to become someone cruel and evil. I move my finger towards her face tracing onto her sharp feature as her eyes began to twitch beginning to wake. I quickly pulled my finger back.

"Hey.." Jessica spoke with her sleepy voice. They were raspy it kind of shocked me since Jessica has a sweet and angelic voice but now it replaced with a raspy one. I chuckled. I brush her hair to the side of the ears and when I see her body was hiding underneath the blanket I wanted to see more of her. I was feeling rather needy and myself this time it wasn't the beast that was feeling sexual desires but me. She scoots closer to me which it was not helping me.

I slipped my hand into the blanket my hands travelling to her back. Oh God they were so smooth. I breathe in the smell of her. I sighed at the smell it was a faint rose smell not too strong and not too faint it was just right like how she felt in my arms.

She snuggle on my neck and sigh. "Valerina," she whispered. She sounded so sexy. I pulled her in closer to me and just rest my head upon her shoulder. I took this time to rest and relax myself in Jessica embrace. For such a long time I haven't been able to put down my burden like this for a while and just lay in the arms of someone I could trust and love. It's been so long that I could feel water swelling up in my eyes. Slowly tears came out of my eyes one by one.

"Valerina, are you ok?"

I sighed and sniffed my tears away. "It's just.. it's been so long since I last hug someone like this."

Jessica wrapped her hand around me and I felt so much comfort for the first time it feels like I am being protected. When everyone was afraid of me Jessica here protects me.

I look at her I decided to lean in for a kiss but later a shadow stood over us. Something about this presence felt so strong I jumped us both out of the bed  but I wasn't quick enough. The shadow had done something to Jessica so fast that I couldn't see and puts her to sleep before she could lay eyes of what's happening around us. I looked up in anger but to find the presence to look exactly like Jessica as she smiles.

"It's finally nice to see you Valerina. I have heard so much about you." She said.

"Who are you?" I asked. "And what have you done to Jessica?"

"Sorry for the informalities but my name is Emeralda. I am the Queen of the Demon Lord. The little girl you are  holding in your arms is my daughter. I have come to discuss a matter with you."

I stared at the woman it doesn't look like she was lying, but I didn't understand why someone as powerful as her would come to meet me. She has many servant why come alone. Though she smiles looking elegant. She lift up her hand unfolding her fingers which a necklace drops down hanging from her fingers. I held my breath that was my necklace. I recognized it from the magic that it resonates with my mother soul in it. I longed for it to come back to me. But I doubt it would be easy.

"I heard your mother speaking," she said. My eyes widen. "Shocked?" she read my expression. "She wished to speak with you before she leaves."

"What do you mean?"

"It is exactly what I say she wished to leave this necklace." I looked at her confused. "Your mother knows she has been watching over you just like I watched over my daughter from the distance." Queen Emerelda looked over her daughter and her gaze softens. Then she turned to look at me. "She wants to tell you that you no longer need this necklace. Previously, it was this necklace that kept the beast under control, but with Jessica here she will be your anchor. She will control your beast from now on."

"Why?" I looked over to my necklace. "Mother, my beast will still go on rampage if Jessica fails to tame it. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore. I still need you mom. I need you."

Emerelda went quiet like she was listening to my mother speaking which I fail to do. All this time I couldn't hear my mother speaking, but the Queen could just how powerful is she.

"You don't need your mother anymore. With my daughter here the beast can be controlled my daughter will not fail to tamed the beast and eventually the beast will become hers." Emerelda smiles happily. "Like this your mother can finally go in peace." Taking another hand facing the necklace she was sucking out my mother soul. I was frozen in place. My mother spirit was just sucked out like that. With my mother spirit in her hand she clutched it into the palm of her fingers once opened my mother was gone. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't find the voice to do so.

I looked over Emerelda she walked up to me and in each step she take I move backwards until my back hit the wall. She placed her hand onto Jessica hair patting it. "My daughter," she whisper like how a mother misses her child.

"You can have your necklace back," Emerelda spat handed them to me and I held them. For a moment I saw a soft side of her, but in the next second, the minute she stared at me her personality changed. "You must have so many questions Valerina, but like I said Jessica will not fail to tamed the beast and make it hers. She is a strong demon lord. Even stronger than me. She will the first demon lord who can even rule over the humans." My eyes widen. "She is a special one. This is why she must be with the human for a little more. When the time comes she will return back to demon realm."

"Why are you telling me all this?" I question.

"Because eventhough you may marked her. She will not be marked forever. She will always return back to me. Back to the demon realm. Back to where she belongs. And because she will marked you instead and when that time comes she will return where she rightfully belongs, her throne." She took a look over at Jessica arms with the tatoos in her hand. She looked even more happy.

"I am so glad to see you, Seth. How long are you planning to stay silent?" For a moment I saw the hand trembled like he was scared which lead Emerelda lips turn into a curl. "You will become a fine weapon for my daughter. She will become a perfect demon lord. Everything is in placed. The next time when we all meet it'll be in the underworld." She smiles at me and turned into a shadow which slowly disappear from the ground. When she was gone I had only realized I stopped breathing. My own knees gave out on me as I fell from the ground. Every part of my body was shaking from fear.

Seth quickly flew out of Jessica hand turning into a human. "What just happened?" I asked. I have never felt so much fear from someone other from my own beast.

Seth scratched his head. "I don't know, but a demon lord never comes into a person house bearing presents and sweet gifts but with a strong purpose. Whatever, the Queen of the Underworld is planning its never good."

I stroke Jessica hair. She'll never hurt Jessica right? After all she is her own flesh and blood daughter. I held Jessica tightly in my arms. I can never tell Jessica what just happened. And Emerelda knows that I won't be able to tell Jessica this. I had fallen too far in love. Everything feels like I am just one of Queen Valerina chess piece and Jessica is the winning team while I am the losing team.

The worst has yet to come.