The Truth

VALERINA

Chapter 13

From having a body to dust and from dust to the disappearance was something I have never seen my whole life. I understood that vampires do disappear once they are killed, but Emerelda here was a demon lord and a queen. Everything doesn't just make sense.

Something doesn't feel right. I ran up to Jessica. She was sleeping and she was strangely cold. She was shivering. I wrapped my hands around her and summoned my werewolf side which had more warmth than any other supernatural creatures do. I crawled into the bed and hugged her.

Jessica was trembling badly and her lips were turning blue. I had no idea as to how I could help her. I can sense there was not the life-threatening case going on instead I could feel her powers getting stronger.

I wanted to summon my vampiric side to slip into her subconsciousness but I can't use my werewolf abilities and vampire abilities at the same time to help her. I didn't know how to help her but to wait for her to come back to me safe and sound. Just when I needed the beast help she decided to stay silent for the longest time. God... please you have taken everything from me. Please... I beg you don't take away Jessica.

JESSICA

All the awful things that I had done to Valerina came running into my head. I felt terrible at the way I wounded her but I couldn't rid of the satisfaction that I wounded her and how I wanted to hurt her more. This makes me feel like a complete sadist.

I was feeling so cold. The space that I am in makes me feel like I am living inside a refrigerator. I wanted to get out but I see no doors I was inside a completely black space. I tried to breathe but the chills just send pain down into my lungs and I was craving for something to drink for my throat stop feeling like I was swallowing down sands. 

I began to choke and I was feeling faint, but I kept walking hoping that there was a way out of here knowing full well that there might not be any doorway for me to climb out of here. I want to see Valerina. I wanted to tell her that I was sorry for hurting her. I wanted to at least see her unharmed.  

The moment I felt I was at a loss a voice came resonating inside this empty space. 

I see that you have potential.

"Who's there," I demanded. "Show yourself."

A girl who looks like me came out and has blood-red eyes. "All the souls have successfully entered your body, but Jessica you are rejecting the change. If you reject the change. You won't ever be able to go back to your body."

 "What is all this? What exactly is happening to me?"

"The same thing that all the royal bloodline had gone through to become Queen."

"Why do I have to be Queen? Isn't there anybody else who could become Queen? Who are you anyway?"

"So many questions you are just like your mother." She smiles. "I represent all the souls of the Queen. I am the bridge you have to cross through in order to become one."

"Then why don't you become Queen instead. I don't want it. All I want is to become someone normal so that I can be with Valerina."

"Such a naive child. Even if you don't become Queen. I will become Queen for you, little child because I am you." I looked at her confused. I didn't understand. "Confused, child. Just imagine all the personality you have in you and just imagine me being the queen personality and every royal family has that queen personality meaning I will take over your body as the head personality and control your body for us to become Queen. Let me tell you, Jessica, you've seen me taken over this body before several of times are you sure you want to take over this body. "

"Why do this?" I asked. 

"Because its a tradition, Jessica. Emerelda, your mother didn't take over as Queen her other personality did and looked at what it did to her. She only remained as a loving mother personality and the Queen came out of her and controlled her very own body. Making the Queen come out to rule over the demon lord body that is one very dark and cold personality."

"Then why are telling me this. How are you different personality from my mother?"

"True. I am your Queen's personality but the Queen was never supposed to rule the body. Once done it'll slowly turn into a dark personality and that is why we are called the demon lord due to the fact that our kind self became an outcast to their own body. You don't have a choice, Jessica. You need to become a demon lord before I take it from you."

I listened. This was all very cruel but if this is the only that I can meet with Valerina then I didn't have a choice. I clutched my hand into a fist and back out thinking if I even had a choice in the first place. I looked at my queen self and asked my one and final question. "What will happen if I take over?"

"All will be normal, but there is a catch for this ceremony to finish the beast that you have tamed and Seth must be absorbed into your body they will have to become apart of you." I took a couple of steps backward. I couldn't hear what I was hearing. The queen looked at me. "This is why I had to always take over all the head personalities are too kind, and I can see it in your eyes Jessica. You are afraid just like your mother."

I shook my head. "I can't."

She smiles sadly. "I guess this is it isn't it?" she said. Tears came rolling down my eyes. 

Valerina. I'm sorry.

VALERINA

All the cold started to move away, but there was something wrong with Seth. In his raven form, he tries to get out of Jessica's hand showing his beak, but he couldn't like there was a force that was inside Jessica's body not wanting him to come out. He looked afraid and his eyes were looking at me for help. I quickly reached my hand for him but before I could even touch him he disappeared along with the tattoo on Jessica's hand. Immediately, I gasped I couldn't feel Seth anymore in her body like he was never there, to begin with, and my beast has gone silent ever since I was marked. 

Then Emerelda's words came running into my head. Suddenly, my whole body shook violently, afraid.