Chapter XXIII

[ Reader ]

All of us stood above the surface of the lotus when we heard the doppelganger's voice echoing through the dungeon, " You guys aren't half bad! " He said enthusiastically, causing us to turn around and a lotus flower sprouting from the ground, revealing Zagan's doppelganger.

" Zagan! " Alibaba shouted, pointing his sword towards the doppelganger, " Release all of the villagers that you took immediately! " He demanded.

" I don't wanna! "

" What? "

" What are you going to do now? Defeat me? " The doppelganger questioned Alibaba, " Didn't you come here to ask me a favour? " He asked again and before Alibaba could respond to his unanswered questions. 

Aladdin swung his staff, casting fireballs towards Zagan's doppelganger, but, the lotus flower easily deflected which shocked Aladdin as it didn't work on him. 

" Oh? Or maybe you don't want my assistance then? " The doppelganger asked, folding his arms.

" Who are you? " Aladdin asked in anger, surprising both Zagan's doppelganger along with the others while I held an amused expression, " If you're a Djinn, you couldn't have gotten injured that easily, but, your body got burned after that attack! " 

" You can't hide anymore, Zagan. Or do you not acknowledge what Aladdin said to you? " I questioned Zagan's doppelganger while I held a smug plastered on my face, " This is lame! " He grumbled bitterly, " All my hard work had gone to waste if it wasn't for you two Magis in here, " he told us that was lace with disappointment before he sighs heavily.

" Like what these two Magis said, I'm not a Djinn but, a creature that was created by Zagan to look like him. " He explained before a smirk creeps upon his face.  

" You impostor! " Alibaba shouted while he glared at the doppelganger Zagan, " How dare you kidnap these villagers and do those terrible things?! "

" Oh my, such a foul mouth aren't you? " Zagan laughs lightheartedly, " It's was only a ' harmless prank ' you see. "

" A prank? "

I sighed as it was true that the way that Zagan had done towards the villagers were inhumane until I saw Alibaba draw out his sword and pointed it at the doppelganger in front of us, " If you're not Zagan, then I don't have to hold back anymore! Reverse the magic that you had set on the villagers now. " Alibaba demanded.

" Sorry to say that but, only the real Zagan can reverse it. " He informed us all, " To find him, you need to head to the treasure room. " He pointed in the opposite direction.

With that said, Alibaba was fueled with anger as he dashes towards the doppelganger and jumps on the air, slicing the doppelganger's head. Meanwhile, Morgiana, Aladdin and Hakuryuu were surprised how weak the doppelganger is but, that's only the beginning.

" Don't keep your hopes up guys, remember that Zagan is the Djinn of Earth and with Alibaba's cut, the doppelganger wouldn't be easy to defeat. " I pointed out as we watched the doppelganger's head reattached to his body before more clones of himself and to my horror, all of them surrounded Alibaba.

" Be careful, Alibaba! " 

He quickly reacted as he manages to avoid getting attack before the other half of the Zagan's doppelgangers started to attack us. I clicked my tongue as I swung my lantern staff towards the doppelganger as the wind blades sliced some of them in half before I glanced over to Morgiana.

" Morg! Get Alibaba while I get Hakuryuu! "

" Understood! "

With that said, we ran separately, " Turibinat Alriyah! " I chanted as the wind piled below my feet, allowing me to float on air as I flew towards Hakuryuu," Jahim Aleumud! " I chanted another spell as the flames burnt through the vines, catching him on the spot and so did Morgiana.