0.03

Sunshine-
Ben Hanscom Tries to Understand
[0.03]

Why must those who we want be so oblivious to the truth? Why must those we want not understand how we feel? Why don't they fall for the one that's been here the whole time, but instead fall for the perfect one? Why must you not see me for me, but see him for who he is?

These questions were not new to the boy. It was a constant, continuous cycle in his brain. It was tiring searching for answers. He's searched every book in the Derry Public Library, but has had no luck. He had always been there, but for some reason, he was a ghost to her. He did everything he could to impress her.

If only he'd known that all he needed was to be himself. That she chose him because he didn't try. She picked him because she noticed how he was himself no matter what. But what about the boy who's been head over heels for her since they met? It's as if he means nothing. But he does.

Then why doesn't he feel it? Why doesn't he feel it, darn it?! It's like he's just dirt on her shoulder. She just wipes him off, wipes his feelings away. She's just dodging a bullet, probably. She tells him he matters, so why doesn't he feel it? Please tell me, he thinks, why don't I feel it? Why am I so numb? Why do I feel so paralyzed inside? Why do I feel unnecessary, when you say I'm your world?

Tears pricked the boy's eyes, and for the first time in a long time, he cried. He layed his head down on the library's cold wooden table and let tears drop onto it. "You okay?" asked an all too familiar voice.

"Hey, Bev. I'm okay," he responded. He wiped the table with his arm, then rubbing his eyes and face. "Just cleaning."

"I don't believe that," spoke the girl. "May I sit down?" The boy nodded as the girl sat down next to him. She grabbed his hand, but he pulled it back. "Ben... what's wrong?"

He sighs, feeling tears begin to slide out of his eyes again. "It's just... you say I matter, but why can't I feel it? You say I'm important to you, yet you continuously break my heart over and over again. I can't take anymore of it, Bev! So tell me, what do I mean to you?"

The girl did the only thing she knew would explain how she felt about him. So, she softly grabbed his face, letting a single tear escape her eye. She connected their lips, and all of their thoughts were transferred to each other. They understood how they felt about each other, and in that moment, their hearts became one. The boy grabbed her hands, connecting them with his own.

They pulled back only when all of the information was transferred. "Well that's very sweet of you!" the boy exclaimed, laughing with the girl. Finally, he got what he wanted: his answers, and forgiveness.

A/N-

Hello! As of this chapter, requests are now open! You can comment things you'd like, like what ship or anything else! My only request is, please, no smut! I'm sorry, I'm just a child so... yeah? I love you all so much! Have a wonderful day/night!
  - xx,
     A 🦋🌻