0.08

Sunshine-
Katniss Everdeen Falls Off the Deep End!
[0.08]
Because right now reality is dreadful.

DISTRICT TWELVE,
PANEM
SEVENTY-SEVEN YEARS
SINCE THE REBELLION

THE GIRL WALKED THROUGH THE deserted Victor's Village, loneliness and dread filling her heart. It had been a few months since the end of the rebellion. Her sister was gone. Nothing was going to change that. Her mother no longer lived in District Twelve, nor did Gale or any of the other former citizens. Peeta was still in Thirteen healing. Who knew if he would come home? With everyone gone, it had been her, Haymitch, and her sister's stupid cat left in a quiet village at the end of a destroyed District. She still struggled to call this new house a home. Every passing day she missed her old life. Her mother, sister, and father. They were all gone. And now she was left with the smelly kitten and the alcoholic who kept her alive for two years with no help. Even Lady, Prim's old, fixer-upper goat, is gone. She didn't make it when Snow bombed District Twelve after the girl blew out the arena.

Each death pulled harder on her heart strings. She never wanted for these people to die for her. They were her friends; her family. Finnick Odair. Boggs. Primrose Everdeen. Castor. Homes. Madge Undersee, who died in the bombing of their home. The list seemed almost endless. There were only two people she intentionally wanted dead that were on that list: President Alma Coin, and President Coriolanus Snow.

And only one thought ever remained in her mind: it's all my fault. These people died because of me.

And that's when she fell.