0.05

Sunshine-
Stan and Bill, Through the Ages
[0.05]

FIFTH GRADE, 1986

"Huh-hey, Stuh-Stan! What's up?" the boy yelled after his friend. He jogged a bit to greet the smiling boy.

"Hey Bill! I... I like your outfit today. You look really nice in it," Stanley replied. A blush spread across his face, similar to the crimson red on Bill's cheeks.

He smiled. "Thuh-thanks! My muh-mum picked it out! I luh-like yours, too!"

7TH GRADE, 1988

The boy sat alone in his room, crying in the dark. "Bill?" a small voice had asked.

"H-hey, Georgie. Kuh-can you kuh-call Stan for me, and ah-ask him to come over?" Bill asked, still choking on his tears. His younger brother jogged over to him, giving him a quick hug before running down the stairs to the telephone.

Within a matter of five minutes, Stanley was there. He saw the boy break, his heart immediately breaking with him. "Oh, sweet Bill. I'm here."

Bill looked up, blue eyes meeting his sweet hazelnut ones. He immediately began sobbing again, apologizing repeatedly.

"It's okay, Bill," Stanley cried. "What's the matter?" He stroked kindly at the boy's hair, allowing him to lay and cry on him.

"I-I just duh-don't fuh-feel like I'm guh-guh-good enough, Stan. I ruh-really don't."

These words had torn Stanley's heart apart. "Listen to me, Bill Denbrough. You are one of the kindest people I have ever known. You are smart, and beautiful, and kind, and so many other things. So don't you dare tell me you aren't good enough. Because you're beyond that line."

Bill looked up, feeling their faces moving closer. They were going to do it! They were going to-

"Bill?" Georgie had asked. The two pulled away at the young boy's arrival. "Mommy needs you."

8TH GRADE, 1989
ONE DAY SINCE GEORGE DENBROUGH'S DISAPPEARANCE

Bill Denbrough walked into his middle school, tears streaming down his face. He only had two people on his mind: his missing little brother, and Stanley Uris. He needed Stanley right now. He was the only one who knew about Bill's breakdowns and how to calm him down. Maybe he even needed him for other reasons.

Who knows?

He glanced around the crowded hallways, spotting his friends Eddie and Richie. "Hey. Big Bill!" Richie called out. "Are you alright?"

The boy responded with three simple words: "I need Stan."

The three of them found the boy in the art room, drawing a picture of a specific bird that Stanley had talked about before. "Bill?" he asked.

The boy looked up, blue eyes meeting hazelnut.

His eyes spoke for him, crying out, "I need you." The message transferred through his pouring tears.

And Stanley's eyes spoke, too. "I'm here."

FRESHMAN YEAR,
LATE 1989