0.1

Sunshine-
Stanley and Richie Go to the Park!
For p-peachyyy <3
[0.1]

DERRY, MAINE
JUNE, 2019

THE BIRDS DANCED AROUND THE park as they sang, the sun shining down on them. The place was mainly empty, except for two teenage boys running around like five-year-old children. "Richie!" one of the boys called out to the other. "If I go on the swings, will you push me?"

"Do I have to?" Richie asked, rolling his eyes jokingly.

"You would if you were a good boyfriend!" the boy cried out. His golden curls were being rustled by the slight breeze. He smiled an innocent grin, the one that Richie simply couldn't resist.

"Fine, Stan! You're mean!" he joked, pushing his boyfriend.

"You don't mean that!" Stanley said smugly. He kicked his feet, which were decked in his converse, into the air, rising in altitude. He always loved going on the swings. From the feeling of being in the air to the satisfaction of landing a jump from the swing mid-air. But truly, he loved it the most because swinging made him feel like he could fly. He dreamed to one day fly where the birds did, and this made his belief seem a little less impossible.

"You're right, I don't," the raven-haired boy said under his breath. He stopped pushing Stan, seeing as he was for sure high enough in the air to push himself, and instead hopped on the swing next to him. Stanley slowed a little bit so that Richie could reach his altitude, grabbing the boy's hand. Together they swung, flying like the birds, not a care in the world. They did everything together.

Eventually Stan got tired of the swings and Richie had another idea, so the two jumped off at the same time. They ran to the play structure, being the little idiots they were on the inside. The went on the conjoined slides together, took turns going down the curved slide, climbing onto the structure with every possible entrance way, sliding down the pole (and, of course, Richie complaining about how badly he regretted that decision). They even played tag for a while. Richie had fallen over thanks to his lanky legs, bad vision, and a tree root, causing the other boy to fall next to him in laughter.

"Have you ever climbed a tree?" asked the brown-eyed boy suddenly.

"No," Stanley replied.

"Really?!" Richie couldn't believe this. He'd climbed at least fifty, if even that. How could Stan have never even climbed a tree once? This was going to change. He got up without explaining himself to his boyfriend. He walked around the small park, finding the perfect tree. "Come, come!" he said.

Although Stanley hated it when he said that, he followed. "What is it?" he asked.

"You, my dear, are climbing a tree!" the boy exclaimed excitedly.

"No I'm not," he argued. "I am not falling out of a tree for this."

"Come on!" Richie whined. "Katniss Everdeen slept in a tree and she never fell out! Only once did she almost fall out when she found out Peeta was working with the Careers. It's totally safe!"

Stanley laughed so hard he almost peed himself. "You're a total book nerd!"

Richie scoffed. "So what if I am? The Hunger Games is a great trilogy and you should read it. Now, I told you an embarrassing fact about me by accident, so it's only fair that you climd the tree. Deal?"

"Deal," the boy coughed, still laughing.

"Shut up!"

After about five minutes Stanley finally calmed down and begin climbing. His boyfriend picked a tree that was easy to climb, with holes and many branches. At one point Stanley did almost fall, and Richie instinctively pushed his butt as support. "Nice booty," he said jokingly.

"Shut up!" Stan laughed, thankful the boy couldn't see his cherry red cheeks. He finally got up, his legs, which were stuffed into cuffed ripped-jeans, swinging. "Coming up?" he asked. Richie nodded, climbing up easily.

The two boys sat together, Richie's arm around his boy, his hand linked in the other's, watching the sun set, painting the sky a vibrant orange. "Hey Stan?" Richie asked, looking at the boy, with his beautiful curls and smile that could light up the world.

"Yeah?" he responded, turning to meet the boy's eyes.

"I love you," Richie said.

Stan smiled. "I love you, too." He kissed his nose, then his lips. This is something Stanley could only define as peace.

A/N-
Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, Alex! And I also hope I did alright. Thank you so much for the request! I'm also currently working on your other request! <3

Please do not be afraid to request something! Requests are always welcomed! Thank you so much for reading! 💗💞

      - xx,
            A 🦋💗