~Dinner party~Extra story~

Several months have passed since I started living at the castle with nightmare, and he's finally let me invite whoever I want over for dinner! I wanted to invite Michael but.. I learned that Nightmare killed him a long time ago. so I picked the new best thing! Dream and blue were to come over to the castle for dinner with me and nightmare! I was even going to set up everything with a liiiittle bit of nightmares help in the kitchen~

"Why the hell do I have to leave the butter out for twenty minutes?!" Nightmare slammed down the cook book and stared at me, he had flour on his jacket which really stood out with his whole, black goop look he's got going on.

"Because that makes it soft enough to mix into the batter! just leave it out and go onto the next recipe while it softens" I wiped off some flour off my apron and walked up to him, the kitchen was huge but I insisted to cook near him. "It's just cooking. at least this is possible to teach to anyone!"

"It's not my fault you suck ass at using magic." he scoffed and pushed the book away. "how are you going to get ANY use out of using that crap?!" he hated cooking, which made me want to make him do it even more, he got so angry it was great! I ran over to my side and handed him the pan of rolls I had laying out.

"Here, spread butter over the tops of these and put them in the oven. its already heated up" he took it and grumbled about why I didn't have to wait since my butter was melted for the rolls.

a few minutes passed and I had nightmares desert he was making all finished and put in the oven. he hated the idea of having his brother come over, he promised to be nice for my sake but I can't help but worry for when that promise fails...

A guard came running in, panting and causing me and nightmare to turn around to face him.

"Speak fool, what happened?" nightmare demanded, the guard only pointed to the top of the stairs and we left the kitchen, into the dining room and glanced up at the top of the stairs where blue and dream stood, blue was holding some sparkling water and his scarf tied into a more classy bow in the back.

"Oh! hey guys! We were just finishing up the food, make yourself's at home!" I cheered and waved to them, dream looked just as nervous about this dinner as nightmare did. "the food should be ready in about- twenty minutes!" I was the only one talking, the two brothers just stared at each other and blue tried to find somewhere to put the drink he had brought.

and that was only the start of this 'AMAZING' dinner..

I sat in the sitting room with dream and blue, talking about how they were doing and how life in the castle was. it was nice, Only time I ever got to talk to dream was when he warned me to stay away from his brother so this time was a lot nicer, at least it started that way.

"So as I was saying- It's really nice to see you guys again.." I smiled and dream nodded, blue was eating chocolate.

"MHM!" blue tried to speak with some chocolate in his mouth but swallowed it and smiled. "Its been so long! I heard you were learning magic?"

"oh that- yeah healing is about the only thing I can do right, but I'll get there some day, maybe."

"You know (Y/N)" dream spoke up. "I can help you. I know humans aren't really made for magic but it is possible. you just need the right teacher!"

"(Y/N) already has a teacher." nightmare butted in, he was leaning against the door with a scowl on his face, he was really unhappy.. "and she doesn't need you to give her another person to tell her she needs to focus." dream stayed quiet, he looked at me and made that face like we would finish talking later, Its only understandable that he doesn't want to fight with nightmare right before dinner started.

we all made our way to the dining room but me and nightmare went to the kitchen, I got the food out of the giant ovens and nightmare stood there, arms crossed and a death glare pinned on his brother.

"Why do you have to do that?" I sighed and plopped the trays of food on the counter.

"do what?" nightmare said, eyes still on dream.

"that. your nasty stare, we're here to have a nice time. You can be happy I know you can, what's stopping you?" After I spoke he turned and gave me the death glare this time. like I knew the answer but didn't want to say it out loud.

"My brother is what's stopping me, I thought you would invite puny humans or something, not the one person I plan to kill later on in life!" he yelled but thankfully he wasn't loud enough for our guests to hear. I sighed and met his eyes, grabbing his hands and giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek. he was a bit surprised but I had calmed down his bad mood at least.

"Your brother is the guardian of happiness and good stuff. why don't you try trusting him for ONE night? for me?" I asked sweetly and he kissed me on the lips this time, he started looking lighter like he did on our first date in the park. I was scared he was about to shrink but all he did was agree to stop being a child over this dinner.

we all sat at the table and had steak, noodles, rolls and a ton of other sides that made a dinner for four people look a bit silly but blue and dream can EAT nightmare knows he doesn't need to eat so he nibbled on a roll while small talk continued from the sitting room. after dinner was done the guards brought out nightmares cake he made it was two layers, black, with baby blue ringing the edges and top of the cake. he looked proud of himself for mastering cooking his first go. we ate and dream commented at the end of desert "Brother! this is amazing!" nightmare's look melted and he went to a blank stare as he sat next to me, not even touching his cake.

"His silence really means, thank you dream! we were going to have cookies as well but- someone didn't want to wait for butter to soften first!" I added and ate some cake

"It wanted twenty minutes, I'm a busy man I don't have time to wait on butter to soften." he said bluntly.

more small talk continued until we finished eating, he sent dream and blue off and was SO  much better when they left, it was nice but man was it tense.

"thank you for being nice. somewhat.." I looked at nightmare who was finally eating. he shrugged and didn't look at me. I slid around and leaned over on his shoulder. "You're looking lighter again.." I smiled and spoke lightly, almost afraid he would freak out again.

"The lights are just brighter than usual-"

"It happens when your happy.. I've noticed."

"I wouldn't worry about it, I won't let what happened that one night, happen again" he didn't want to admit it but I could tell he was worried about changing form again, we ate another piece of cake and then went to bed, this night nightmare came with me which only happened when he was in a good mood, and my dreams were sweet as baby blue frosted cake!