Secrets

Requested oneshot - 2012

boyxboy

Little bit NSFW at the end

The request: 2 best friends hiding a secret: one (Orion) is a werewolf and gay and two (Zion) is a vampire and gay. Both are in love with each other. It would be awesome if it's at least six pages - XxMusicCrazyxX

Zion

"Keep up, Orion," I call over my shoulder, running at human speed. I skid to a halt once I reach our destination. I'm rammed into from behind by a force and I flail forward, only to be pulled back by the same force.

"Jesus, Orion," I laugh, "learn how to brake sooner, nimrod," I tease, shoving him lightly. He crosses his arms over his broad chest, smirking at me.

"If I shoved you, you'd be tumbling down into that water," he gestures towards the large body of water we know as the sea, in front of me. We are standing on top of a hill that overlooks it.

I look at him with a raised eyebrow, "I'm not half as delicate as you seem to think I am," I scoff, bumping my hip with his.

"No, you're just unbelievably thin. Definitely not delicate," he tells me, sarcastically. I grin, shoving him again. "You should stop shoving me, you'll hurt yourself."

I let out a bark of laughter, crossing my own arms over my chest, "you are such a dick."

"At least I have one," he retorts, spacing his feet out for a better stance. I smack his chest to make him exhale with an 'oof'.

"Shut up and watch the sunset."

On my orders we both gaze out as the sun makes its descent from the sky and makes the illusion that it's licking the top of the water. My pulse quickens, like it always does when I watch it. The water seems to shimmer and waver as the sun goes down further down. The sky is a mixture of soft orange and fiery red. Only one word is to describe it: beautiful. I have had a fascination with the sun for as long as I can remember. Its sheer power, size, ability and beauty captivate me.

I turn my gaze to Orion whose face is illuminated by the haze of the little sunlight left. Shadows are cast across his handsome face as a strand of blond hair falls into his eyes. I clench my fists to stop myself from brushing it away. Orion is handsome by all accounts, tall, broad shouldered, face made up with soft features and yet still looking crisp and manly. His hair is cut shaggy and messily. Sometimes I doubt if he's ever heard of a hairbrush. Also like my infatuation with the sun, I've been infatuated with Orion for as long as I can remember. And he's so narrow minded that he's never noticed. Or else my complete repelling charm works on him too. I seem to have this habit of making sure he doesn't have any reason to think that I love him, instead of just outing my feelings and have done with it. No, I can't do that. Too many complications. I could kiss him and accidentally give him a pair of snake bite piercings he never asked for. It's better to keep my distance from a relationship and take advantage of Orion's already cuddly nature. I swear, that guy will cuddle anything. Well, from what he's been like around me. Orion's generally an affectionate person.

"That was amazing, Zion," he starts to say, turning his gaze to meet mine, "I now know why you love watching it."

I can't help the slow spread of a smile melt across my features, "I told you that you should have come sooner, but no – someone was too busy for his best friend," I tease him, backing up in his personal space as though I was to make him feel intimidated, when in actual fact I just enjoy being close to him.

He sighs, his large green eyes gazing into mine, "you know family stuff is something that I can't help."

Ooh, I struck a nerve there. I give him a smile, "I know. Just remember us little people when your father hands you over his empire."