Love at First (and Second) Sight

Original work - 2020

boyxboy

Mild sex scene at the end

Once again, this was a blast to write holy shit

*

Adrian is what his friends would describe as a disaster bi. Granted, he would dispute that and say that disaster pan is more accurate - but even he has to agree that the former has a bit more of a ring to it.

Point being. Adrian Winters - a disaster in general.

Especially when it comes to people he finds attractive. His brain goes to mush, he has no control over his motor functions and he babbles. It's like he's not able to register just how attractive the person is, and as a result he acts like an absolute idiot and ruins any chance he has with them.

Objectively speaking, Adrian is a good looking guy. About average in height, dark hair (closely cropped following an unfortunately accident with bubble gum), broad shoulders and, (according to his best friend, Holly) fuck me now eyes.

Adrian still has no idea what that means, but he likes to think they're his best feature.

He lives in black jeans, frayed at the cuffs, solid colored t-shirts and a denim jacket as old as time itself. Adrian likes to think of it as the next Winters family heirloom, something that he would pass on to his children some day.

If he ever gets the opportunity to have children.

Why is he thinking about having children right now? He's fresh out of his masters at the bright young age of 23, he has time to find someone.

And if not, he can always just be a single parent and adopt. No biggy.

"Adrian, you there?" Holly nudges his elbow, snapping him out of his thoughts. It's a miracle that Adrian did as well as he had with his masters, considering he has the attention span of a goldfish.

Goldfish have short attention spans, right? Maybe Adrian would know if he paid attention.

"Front and centre, Hols," Adrian assures her with a disarming smile. They're in their go to bar, which is packed to the brim - as is to be expected on a Friday night. But Adrian has just handed in his thesis, and he is ready to celebrate.

His class has a night out coming up next week, waiting to have a couple of days to recover from the hellish slog that thesis was for them all.

But Holly had other ideas, and here they are. He is a little tired, sure. But nothing that the energy drink he downed on the Uber right over couldn't fix.

"I don't want you to freak out." Her voice is low, or as low as she could make it without being completely inaudible.

Adrian leans in closer, because this sounds important.

"But there's a guy at the bar looking at you."

Adrian immediately straightens up, eyes darting around to try and find the guy - his heart already racing in his chest and he hasn't even seen them yet.

"Where?" Adrian hisses in urgency.

"Beside the glass of limes, tattoos and damn cheekbones." Holly sounds appraising, and her praise is hard to come by. Holly knows what she likes, and is way more selective than Adrian has ever been.

His eyes seek out the glass of limes, then to the defined hand resting on the bartop. Tattoos peek out from the sleeve of their shirt, and Adrian's breath catches in his throat as his eyes trail up to the guy's face.