VII• Wingwoman

Having double potions last class on a Tuesday evening makes the week move agonizingly slow, in Cecilia's opinion anyway, and because of the fact that Cecilia is absolutely horrific at Potions makes the class feel even longer.

'I tried to give you the highest grade I could, Miss Gryffindor.' Slughorn drawled as he threw Cecilia's essay down onto her desk, a large red "D" scrawled in the top right corner. 'If it wasn't for your father, you wouldn't be in this class.' He reminded her. 'You need to work harder!' He sighed, tapping her essay sharply with his index finger.

Once her professor had walked away, Cecilia stuffed the paper into her bag, unable to look at it any longer. She placed her head on her table, Kristen sending her a sympathetic look.

'Ok class. The only homework is to rewrite that essay of you got below an A.' Slughorn announced to the class. 'If you got above an A, no homework!' At that moment, the bell rang and the students began filing out.

'So what do you want to do for lunch?' Kristen asked, stuffing her essay-graded with an E-into her bag. When Cecilia did not reply, Kristen looked over to her friend.

Cecilia head had been lifted up from her table; her eyes were settled on Regulus, who was leaving the classroom with his friend Dirk.

Clocks were ticking inside Kristen's head. Once she made her decision, she pulled Cecilia to her feet. 'Come on!'

'What are you doing?!' Cecilia groaned, barely grabbing her backpack in time. 'Why are you-'

Cecilia stopped short when she noticed where Kristen was intending to bring her. 'Kristen!' She whispered in her ear hurridly. 'Please don't-'

'Hey Regulus!' Kristen called, catching the boy just outside the Great Hall.

Both Dirk and Regulus turned to the two girls. Dirk smirked in amusement upon realizing who they were while Regulus had a look of curiousity on his face. His eyes drifted from Kristen to Cecilia, butterflies forming in the latters stomach.

'Um-Yes?' Regulus replied.

'The final Hogsmede weekend of the year is coming up.' Kristen exclaimed bubbly. 'Are you free to go?'

Regulus raised a confused eyebrow. 'Um-yeah?'

Kristen smiles goofily. 'And Cecilia, are you free?'

Cecilia was equally confused as Regulus. Her eyes narrowed as Kristen sent her a look. 'I am...'

'Great!' Kristen cheered. 'Because I'm not. You two go enjoy yourselves!' With that she strutted away, pulling Dirk along with her.

Regulus and Cecilia stared after them in surprise. Neither of them had expected anything remotely similar to what had just happened.

'I'm-ah- Sorry about her.' Cecilia stammered, playing with a strand of her hair nervously. 'Forget what she said. She wasn't-um- thinking straight.'

She paused, hoping that Regulus would say something...

He didn't.

Feeling extremely awkward and somewhat humiliated, Cecilia turned to walk away; in reality, wanting to run and hide for the rest of her life. She was just about to turn into the Great Hall when she heard Regulus speak behind her.

'Can I meet you here?' He asked softly.

Cecilia freezed. She turned to face him slowly. He had moved closer to her, as if he was about to run after her as she walked away. 'Huh?' Cecilia asked, in a very unladylike fashion.

For the first time, Cecilia watched as a small smile grew on Regulus' face. 'Can I meet you here?' He repeated, much more confidently than before. 'Around 1? On the Hogsmede weekend?'

Cecilia was absolutely shocked. Regulus Black was standing in front of her, asking her out on a date as if it was the most casual thing in the world.

'Sure.' Cecilia said as calmly as she could, even though she felt the complete opposite of calm. 'I'll meet you here.' She tried her hardest not to stutter.

Regulus scratched the back of his neck, his head bowed. He looked extremely attractive in that moment. His right sleeve was rolled up to his elbow (his left was pulled to his fingertips, quite a strange look but Cecilia was too transfixed to care), his dark hair falling into his lights eyes. Cecilia had to force herself to look away.

'So I'll see you around Cecilia.' Regulus chimed tenderly. Sending her one last microscopic smile, he walked past her and into the hall.

Cecilia stayed still for a moment, paralyzed. She lifted her hand to feel her pumping heart before letting herself fall against the wall. A blissful smile slowly spread across her face as she tucked a loose bit of hair behind her ear. She had to cover her mouth to stop herself from verbally showing her emotions.

'Kristen Lee,' She thought to herself. 'You are my bestest friend in the whole entire universe.'

A/N
Thank you to everyone who has read this story so far. It really does mean a lot 🖤