XXXVI• Home

"Regulus what are you doing?" Cecilia giggled as she stumbled through a doorway, her sight being obstructed by Regulus' hands.

Regulus didn't reply, only leading Cecilia further into the building before stopping suddenly. He removed his hands from her face, allowing Cecilia to take in her surroundings.

They were in a building that was completely unfamiliar to Cecilia, who's eyebrows were furrowed in confusion. "Where are we?" she asked.

Regulus beamed. "Home."

Cecilia eyed her boyfriend. "Home?" she repeated.

"Yes," Regulus confirmed with a chuckle. "Home. Our home."

Cecilia didn't have time to reply. Regulus took her hand and pulled her into the first room of the house; the dining room. The wooden table could fit 6 people, and stood tall upon a large red carpet.

"I figured if we were to raise a child together," Regulus began. "we should move in together. So I can be there to help with everything."

Cecilia remained silent as Regulus showcased the rest of the downstairs, which included a kitchen, living room and a sun room. He then guided her up the stairs to the master bedroom, which made Cecilia give a little gasp.

A large window to her left gave the room most of its light, and gave a beautiful view of the flowered back garden. The room itself had a high ceiling and a bathroom attached. The bed made of dark oak looked extremely comfortable and Cecilia found herself wanting to sink into the plum-coloured blankets.

"I was thinking," Regulus said, pointing to the blank piece of wall above the bed. "We could get our portrait painted and put there; my parents have that done. But only if you want to."

Their final destination was a little room across from the master bedroom, completely empty despite the white cradle and wardrobe placed against the plain walls.

"We don't know the gender yet, so I didn't have it decorated," Regulus smiled. "And I figured you'd want to decorate your own nursery."

Cecilia walked into the room slowly. Despite it being they emptiest, this room held the most meaning to Cecilia. This was the room the little life inside her would grow up in, and the thought of that brought tears to her eyes.

"You hate it," Regulus whispered, his face dropping. "I should've known, you think it's too earlier for all this. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have even bothered. We can forget this all happened. I'll sell-"

Cecilia threw her arms around his neck, holding Regulus close, who had instantly wrapped his arms around her waist, concerned.

"I love it," Cecilia said softly, her voice muffled by Regulus' shirt. "I love it so much."

Cecilia felt Regulus press his lips against the top of her head, muttering his love for her.

❖ ❖ ❖

The next few months passed quickly, the happy atmosphere of moving in together making the days fly past for the couple. As Autumn settled, Cecilia found herself falling ill, 'a stupid cold', as she called it.

Regulus had to use magic to open the door to their bedroom, as he was holding a box of tissues in one hand and a bowl of soup in the other.

"How's the patient?" Regulus smiled as Cecilia came into view. She was snuggled beneath the bed covers, the bump on her stomach visible beneath the blanket. She gave a small smile when she saw Regulus.

"I'm fine," she said as Regulus placed the soup and tissues on the bedside table.

Regulus placed his hand on her forehead. Cecilia's skin was hot to the touch and a light layer of sweat covered her face. She looked tired and Regulus was worried about her.

"Maybe we should see a doctor just in case," Regulus said softly.

Cecilia pushed Regulus' hand from her forehead. "No, I'm fine. Honestly."

Regulus sighed. "But Lia, you haven't even had the baby checked yet."

Cecilia huffed. "I think I'd know if there was something wrong with the baby, Regulus," she said. "We don't need a Doctor."

"Have you told your father yet?" Regulus asked. When Cecilia didn't reply, Regulus sighed.

"I haven't spoken to him since the start of seventh year," Cecilia admitted. "And I don't plan on talking to him anytime soon."

"He's your father. You should talk to him," Regulus reasoned. "It's been a whole year since the start of seventh year."

"It's my decision," Cecilia spat. "About my father and the baby. The baby isn't inside of you, you know! I think I know what's best!"

Regulus didn't reply. He quietly left the room, knowing the Cecilia didn't actually mean what she was saying. She was young and scared; she was finding this pregnancy hard, and all Regulus could do was be there for her.

A/N
How do you think this story will end? Thanks for all the support it means so much!