XIV• Perfect

Cecilia usually felt happy when she woke up in her giant bed in the Gryffindor Manor. She would yawn and stretch before getting out of bed and making herself a big mug of coffee in the kitchen. But today, she wanted to roll over and fall back asleep.

It was the middle of her summer holidays and the day of Cecilia's fathers annual party. Every year, a bunch of rich (and snobby) families would come to the manor and spend the evening together. Cecilia dreaded these parties as she was always stuck with the annoying women who always talked badly about others.

Cecilia groaned and got out of bed unwillingly. The guests would be arriving that evening so she started getting ready.

She spent the day in her room, getting ready and drinking coffee the house elves brought her. Evening time came all too quickly and Cecilia left her room.

Her red heels clicked against the marble as she descended the staircase. She was surprised to see her father greeting the guests, usually that was her job.

Her father noticed her when she reached the bottom of the stairs. Excusing himself from the guests, he walked up to her.

His friendly face changed as soon as her turned his back on the others. 'Where have you been?!' He gripped Cecilia's arm tightly.

'Lost track of time.' Cecilia replied just as harshly. She pulled her arm out of her fathers grip.

Godric Gryffindor the twelfth turned back to the door of the manor. As he did, Cecilia took a look around. She was surprised to see many young people hanging around the usual guests. It was as if everybody had brought their children-

'Orion! Welburga! Welcome!' Godric exclaimed. 'And I see you've brought your son. Which ones this now?'

Cecilia's heart seemed to stop beating.

'This is Regulus. Our only son.' Orion Black said.

Cecilia watched in horror as her father shook hands with Regulus. Regulus Black was in her house. She mentally cursed Merlin.

'Alright Cecilia. Bring the women and children into the living room and order the house elves to fetch you some tea.' Godric ordered. The Black family watched her as she left the entrance hall; it took all the strength Cecilia had to not look back.

Soon enough, each woman had a cup of tea in their hands and were seated in one of many seats in the Gryffindor living room. As usual, Cecilia didn't listen to their conversations. Regulus had gone into the billiard room, thankfully. The hours ticked away; Cecilia must have kept her eyes on the clock the entire time.

Finally, Cecilia's clock-staring was interrupted. 'Cecilia!' It was her father, his voice muffled by the wall between the two room. 'Bring us in some drinks!'

Cecilia, glad to leave the other women, jumped up immediately. She went into the kitchen and grabbed a crate full of drinks. She got two house elves to carry in another.

Nobody seem to notice her as she entered the billiard room, except for Regulus. His eyes followed her as she placed the box on the table and began unpacking the bottles.

'Hold on. How old is Regulus here?' Godric asked Orion. He had a stack of gold in front of him. He must have won the game. 'He isn't of age yet, is he?'

'He isn't,' Orion stated. 'I'm afraid you can't be in here while we're drinking, son.' He said to Regulus.

'Cecilia!' Her father said loudly, even though she was right next to him. 'Give Regulus a tour of the house, or something.'

Cecilia made eye contact with Regulus, who slowly stood from his seat. Cecilia turned and walked out of the room; Regulus close behind her.

She decided to bring him to the library. 'This is my favorite room in the house,' she told him. 'It's quiet. I come here to think.'

'I could do with a place like this,' Regulus said softly. 'I do a lot of thinking lately.'

'What do you think about?' Cecilia asked.

Regulus stayed silent. He leaned against one of the large bookcases and crossed his arms across his chest. 'I think you know what I've been thinking about.'

Cecilia looked at him sadly. 'How many times do I have to tell you? I don't care if you're... one of them.' 

'I work for the darkest wizard of all time. I have his mark on my arm and it will never go away. Doesn't that scare you?' Regulus replied.

Cecilia let out a breath. She walked towards Regulus and push his arms to his sides. 'A dumb tattoo doesn't define who you are. Or who you can be with.'

Regulus scanned Cecilia's face. They had never been this close before. Regulus could see all of Cecilia's individual eyelashes.

'What if I hurt you?' Regulus' voice sounded tired and sad.

'You won't.'

'How do you know?'

Cecilia's eyes twinkled. 'I trust you Reg.'

'You shouldn't.'

Cecilia rolled her eyes with a smile. The space between them was shrinking. Cecilia didn't know if it was her or Regulus that was minimizing the gap. 'I trust you,' She repeated.

'Why?'

Cecilia didn't reply. She was the one to close the gap between them. Her lips met Regulus' in a one swift motion. Her hands came to rest on either side of his face while Regulus wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her as close to him as possible.

Everything around them seemed to dissolve. All Cecilia could hear was his breathing, all she could smell was his musty cologne, all she could feel was her body pressed against his and all she could see was a million multicolored moons behind her closed eyelids. She felt refreshed, as if she had taken a sip of water after days of being thirsty. Something about Regulus was different and unique. He wasn't like other guys Cecilia had known. He was perfect.

Perfect for her.

A/N
I have the next few chapters prewritten. Do you guys want them all at once, or spread out over a few weeks?