XXIX• Late

As April rolled around, professors were dumping mountains of homework on the 7th year student's shoulders to prepare for their upcoming N.E.W.Ts. Because of this, Cecilia had very little time to think about Regulus and vice versa, which Cecilia was thankful for.

Cecilia was sat on her bed, a pile of books surrounding her. She was reading out of one of her textbooks, desperately trying to remember the information.

Kristen walked into the room, a book under her arm. She took one look at Cecilia's stressed figure and sighed deeply.

"This is too much," Kristen said, making Cecilia jump as she hasn't noticed her friend entering. "We're taking the night off."

"We can't," Cecilia mumbled. "I need to memorise all 24 of the potions we've done this year."

Kristen threw her books onto her bed and then joined them. "It's Friday night, Lia. We deserve a break."

"There's no party on tonight. That I know of," Cecilia said.

"We don't need to go to a party," Kristen chuckled. "Let's just have a relaxing girls night."

An hour later, Kristen's bed held a pile of sweets and drinks. Cecilia and Kristen were on the bed too, laughing and joking. Their dorm mates were nowhere to be seen, so the girls could talk freely without be overheard.

"Let's not talk about boys tonight," Kristen decided when Cecilia mentioned Peter. "Anything but boys."

Cecilia nodded. "Ok. What do you want to do after Hogwarts?" she asked.

Kristen thought for a moment, tapping his index finger against her chin. "I'm not too sure. A professor maybe."

"At Hogwarts?"

"Definitely not," Kristen said. "Beauxbatons would be nice. But I'd need to practice my french more."

Cecilia raised her eyebrows in amusement. "You don't even speak french!"

Kristen pursed her lips while Cecilia burst into laughter.

Kristen picked up a bottle of Butterbeer and opened it with her teeth. "Don't underestimate me, Lia."

Cecilia rolled her eyes and picked up a chocolate frog. She opened it and began to eat.

"What about you?" Kristen asked. "What do you want to do after school?"

"An Astronomer, I think," Cecilia replies instantly. "I love astronomy so why not?"

"You're good at it too," Kristen said. She watched as Cecilia flinched, then continued. "You are! Don't you dare deny it."

"It's not that," Cecilia explained, putting her hand to her forehead. "I just got a really bad headache."

Kristen frowned and moved closer to Cecilia on her knees. She replaced Cecilia's hand with hers. "Wow. You're burning up."

Cecilia sniffed. "Sorry," she apologized. "I just feel really sick all of a sudden."

Kristen took the half-eaten chocolate frog from Cecilia and checked the package. "It's still in date-"

Cecilia suddenly jumped from the bed and dashed into the bathroom, instantly getting sick into the toilet bowl.

Kristen was by her side within seconds, pulling Cecilia's hair back from her face and rubbing her back.

"Lia?" Kristen whispered. "Are you late this month?"

Cecilia sat up straight, her cheeks flushed. "Yeah. But it sometimes is-"

"Lia-" Kristen cooed.

"I know what you're implying, but you're wrong," Cecilia said forcefully. "I'm just a little ill."

"Lets just make sure," Kristen encouraged.

Cecilia thought Kristen was being silly, but half an hour later, Cecilia's complaining stopped as she sat on her bed with her knees tucked to her chest. Her position mirrored the one of the life inside of her.

Kristen slowly sat next down next you Cecilia, wrapping her arms around her best friend's shoulders. "You need to tell Regulus."

It was them words that made Cecilia break. She hid her face in her knees and her whole body shook as she cried.

"I can't tell him," Cecilia exclaimed.

"Lia. You can't keep this from him"

Cecilia shook her head. She recalled a conversation she and Regulus had at the start of the year. It felt like forever ago.

"Regulus doesn't want children," Cecilia sobbed. "He told me himself."

Kristen smiled sadly and pulled Cecilia into a proper hug, holding her tightly while Cecilia cried on her shoulder.