2: Black Card

Girl's POV:

I get to the counter and put down my basket, the female cashier looks down then gives me a questioning look. It's 3 am and I'm here at the gas station buying ice cream, chocolate, pads, chocolate milk and a heat pack.

'Having a rough time huh?' The cashier says empathetically while scanning the various tubs of Ben and Jerry's in my basket.

'Yeah... something like that,' I reply

'Well I hope you'll feel better soon,' she says, smiling at me. She seems like a nice gal.

I hear the doors open and a gush of wind rustles the items in the shelf, the cashier is focused on the entered person. She seems to have forgotten I'm even here, having halted her scanning of my products. I look to the side at the people waiting in line, they look terrified. What. Is. Going. On. I turn around, looking at what everyone seems to be fixated on.

Oh...

Fuck.

A guy is standing in the doorway, wind blowing in from behind him, decked in gold chains, designer sneakers and a few jackets, Supreme, Off-White and in his right hand is a gun.

He looks over to me, his mesmerising blue eyes pouring deep into mine. Then he looks away, and tucks his gun into his waistband, then walks over to the only man that hasn't stopped dead in his tracks and had a mild panic attack. He taps him on the shoulder,

'Yes Boss?' the suited man says, turning around. the guy leans in and whispers something to him. The man nods and carries on looking around. The gunman grabs some cigarettes and comes up to the front counter, ignoring the queue and cuts to the free cashier. Next to me.

'Hey, buddy!' A gruff middle-aged man says annoyed, he must not have gotten the memo about this guy. 'There's a line-' his complaining haults when he hears a gun being loaded next to him. The suited, presumably the bodyguard, is pointing a gun at him. Now he's quiet.

'It's Jason Mc...' I hear someone whisper, not quite getting the last bit

Well, this 'Jason' tosses the pack of cigarettes on the counter and stares down the cashier. Once that no longer entertains him, he looks around and his eyes land on me, once again. He looks at the pile of things I've bought and scoffs.

Asshole.

'That's 8 dollars and 51 cents,' the cashier says to the Jason. He pulls out his designer wallet and passes his gleaming Black American Express card to the cashier. I can see hundred dollar bills in there too, and no shortage either.

'That adds up to 24 dollars and 62 cents,' the nice lady says to me, I shuffle through my handbag, trying to find my purse.

'Put hers on too,' he says to his cashier, indicating in my direction. Did I mention that he has beautiful eyes... ugh I can't be thinking him like this?!! He literally might kill me!!!

'Sure sir,' the cashier replies, passing his card to my cashier.

'Ahh, that's ok-' I hate being indebted to people

'I insist,' his request more sounds like a threat, 'I'm Jason, by the way,' I can feel the tension in the room intensify as the onlooker's theory is confirmed.

I don't know who he is, but I know he's trouble.

'Thanks... Jason, but I've got my wallet here,' I say while finally pulling my wallet out of my handbag. I start to pull out some notes, he pushes my wallet down.

'I'm paying for you,' he growls, making my bones shiver in fear. He leans in, just inches from my face, and whispers in my ear. 'Or I could shoot up this place if you want,'

'O-ok, I mean no, p-please don't do that.' He pauses, eyes lingering on my lips

Is he gonna kiss me?

Then pulls away to tap his card. 'Th-thank you,' I manage to get out. He has me paralysed in fear, my hands are shaking I'm so scared. He has A GUN.

'All good baby,' then takes away his card. 'You didn't introduce yourself,' he threatens

'Umm well... I'm Sage,' I say, not really wanting to give this stranger my name. He steps away and picks up his cigarettes.

'See you around Sage,' he says and walks out of the store. I hope he doesn't mean that...