Chapter 38

Sage's POV:

'Sage, faster! Come on you can do it' Aleksei shouts at me while I'm cycling in the gym.

My body is burning, I can't do this anymore, I can't do-

'Stop zoning out! Focus! 60 seconds!' Aleksei shouts in my ear.

I can do this, less than a minutes left now! I put all of the energy I have left into my last pedals.

'10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, done!'

I let my body go, collapsing on the bike and feeling my legs continue to spin.

'Good work out today Sage, I'll see you next week!' She says, beginning to walk out of the gym.

'No!' I yelp, 'I mean, can you stay a little while?'

Usually after a workout, Aleksei leaves immediately, I clean myself up and Tony brings me back to the apartment. Jason's still ignoring me, so the little interaction I have is Aleksei shouting at me. What a life.

'Sa-age, you know I can't do that.' Aleksei says

I guess Jason mustn't have liked it when I opened up to Aleksei. After that, she didn't really talk to me, and avoided conversation with me.

'Please, it's not like Jason will even care anyway,' I plead, 'he just ignores all the time, I don't even know why I'm still here to be honest,'

She stands there, halfway between the door and me, debating whether or not she should stay. 'Well what do you wanna talk about?'

'Umm, dunno.' I say, 'Did... did you and Jason used to date?'

Aleksei bursts out laughing, struggling to contain her giggles. 'No! What makes you say that?'

'Well he seems to treat you differently than others. He's less strict I feel like. And Jason doesn't seem like the type to keep friends either so I thought maybe...'

'First of all, yeah, I swear some of the things I've done... if it were anybody else, then they'd be dead or something. Secondly, I only like girls. It's just because I've known him for a while and we.... yeah I knew him as a kid.'

Hmm, I smell cap.

'I find that hard to believe tho... what aren't you telling me,'

'Sage, I can't...'

'Please Aleksei,'

'Well.... I dated Jason's sister...' She says carefully.

'Jason has a sister?! Omg I have to meet her!'

'...who is dead,' Aleksei finishes, her voice cracking. She looks down, faint tears in her eyes.

'Ohh... I'm so sorry,' I say, I can tell that it really is a soft spot for Aleksei.

'It's ok, it happened years and years ago, when we were 19,'

'You and Jason are the same age?!'

'No, me and Jazmyn... Jason was 21,'

So that's her name...

'What-what happened to her?'

'Well Jason was climbing the organised crime ladder, getting bigger and bigger, and some people weren't happy with that. S-so they found Jazmyn and-and...'

Aleksei sits there, paralysed, tears now falling down her cheek, and he hands shaking.

'It made Jason realise how careless he'd been, and I blamed him for a long time. Until I found him again, wanting to avenge Jazmyn. There was one last person left that Jason hadn't killed who was involved in her death. And I found him and-,' Aleksei smiles, then draws her thumb across her neck. She sighs, 'I loved Jazmyn so much, and she was my girl. Jason knew she loved me, and he loved Jasmine, so much. And I guess killing me would be disrespecting her memory.'

I heart my heart beat through my chest, it's just.... so sad.

'But I see the way he looks at you, and it's the way Jazmyn looked at me. I could never forget it, and I never thought I'd see it again. They were so similar those two, with the same eyes too. Jason likes about you more than you think.'

100k !!!! Omg wtf!!! Thank u so much💜💜 happy New Years too x

Xxx Jenny