Chapter 62

(This whole chapter is a flashback to Sam's party)

'Paige, can I talk to you for a second,' Sam shouts over the loud edm music.

'Yahhh okay Samuel,'

His arms wraps around my waist and leads me to a quieter corner in another room. Sam gazes into my eyes, then embarrassed looking away and laughing to himself.

'What's so funny?' I ask

Sam laughs even more, resting his head in the crook of my neck. His voice echoes in my body.

'I'm just drunkkk,' Sam smiles, bringing his face up to mine. That boyyy, that little smile of his..

I slowly wrap my arms around his neck, and lean into him. Sams smiling lips look too kissable right now, I think I just need to give it a try...

As I close the remaining inches between us, he's a statue, taking heavy breaths and watching me intently. My lips brush against his, I bite his lower lip, a devilish smirk appearing on my face.

Jason....

Just as he starts to kiss me back, I pull away and remove my self from him. Leaving him speechless and flustered.

'Paige?' Says confused, realisation strikes his eyes, 'Oh no, I'm so sorryyy, did I- I just thought you liked me like that...'

'No Sam, you're perfect, besides I do like you like you that way, I
kissed you after all- oops shut up! Butttt... I just can't do this,' I watch as his concerned face shifts to utter confusion.

'What- Why not?' His drunk self asks me 'I really like you Paige, in case you were unsure,'

My heart is melting, Sam's turned into a sad puppy. I don't even want to reject him.

'I just... can't.'

'But... why?'

'I can't tell you!' I burst, the alcohol going to my head

'If it's about your parents-'

'It's not that,'

'You're not ready for... this?'

'I'm just.... ugh! I can't tell you, I'm not allowed to,' trying to come up with an excuse closer to the truth.

'Not allowed to? Does Graham not let you-'

'No Graham is fine, I can tell you Sam, I'm sorry.' I begin walking away, 'I really like you too Sam...' I turn back and say to him longingly. A few tears slip from my eyes, I didn't want to do that at all.

I spot Lea and Lavender dancing and I join them, wiping my tears before they mess up my stunning make up and I turn into a messy wench.

After a while Sam appears, his shoulders slightly slumped, as he talks to his friends by the pool table. I watch as he sips at his whisky, and wistfully looks into space every time he's alone.

Tia appears, that bitch, pouncing on Sam and feeling up on him. He laughs at her jokes, he doesn't recoil in disguised disgust like all the other times. I need to distract myself and let him go. Alcohol.

Needless to say, I get hammered. And I mean HAMMERED.

I sit on the grand marble staircase watching people go home. I snagged the bottle of vodka from the bartender when he wasn't looking, I sip on it every time I think of him. It's a little game I'm playing.

There's no one left now, except me and my giggles on the stairs. Sam appears with a concerned look on his face.

'Paige- what are you-'

'Why does everyyhone keep calling me Paigeee. It's Sage, not that hard...' I whine

Sam forces a concerned laugh, artificially finding something I said funny. I don't recall joking??

'I wanna go hommme,'

'Ok, let me call Graham,' he pulls his new shiny phone out and dials. I wanttt to talk to Graham. I stand up but loose my balance on the stairs. I land in Sam's strong lean arms, his phone still pressed to his ear.

'Paige, come on, sit down you can't stand up like this,'

'No but I want to talk to Grahammm,' I whine, latching onto Sam's torso.

'Yes you can, but only if you're sitting, ok?' Sam instructs, trying to juggle a drunk girl and a phone call on a staircase.

There's that beautiful face again, and those pretty lips. I smash my lips against his and the force takes him back a bit. Oh his lips feel so good... then it stops, he's pulled away.

'Look Paige, you don't like me, so please stop,'

'But I do like you,'

'Then why were you saying you can't of what ever???'

Ahh yes, Jason ew, forgot about him.

'Well, we still can't, I'm just bit more drunk now, and making more mistakes,'

'So that was a mistake?!!'

'No no, I didn't mean it like that, it was great, but you and me, we just can't,' I try to reason

'Why?! What you're saying makes no sense?? You're single, I'm single! what's the problem! I like you, YOU like me,' his frustration erupts, he takes a moment to calm down. 'Why sage? Tell me you don't want me and I'll leave you alone, just tell me,'

'I... I can't,' I feel defeated, I want him but I also want to live.

'Just say you don't want me, just say it!'

'But I'd be lying Sam. We just... can't,'

'And you won't even tell me why?' He pleads, beyond confused.

'No, I can't,'

'It's probably that guy I saw her with on that date,' Tia appears from the upper floor and makes her way down the stairs, an evil smirk on her lips. 'Sam, she's taken. Paige's got a little boyfrienddd!! Justin wasn't it? She's two timing you Sam,'

Sam's face crumbles, no he can't believe her! But it makes sense in his mind.

'What? Is he richer, nicer, taller hotter? what is it Paige?!' Sam demands, his face turning red.

I'm out front - Graham

'No Sam, don't listen to her, he's just a family friend...' I recite, stumbling towards the doors, where I see Graham's car waiting.

'We're just not... meant to be together Sam. You're rich, I'm nothing...' I try to say convincingly, while walking out the door, pulling my drunk poker face.

I know he can see through my lies. As I look at him one last time, standing next to Tia on the grand staircase, those brown eyes beg me to stay, to tell the truth. Sam's mind is ticking, trying to figure it all out.

I turn away and try to pull myself together for Graham, who's waiting for me, leaning against the limousine.

'Had a good night Paige?' Graham leads me to the car, holding me up as I stumble around. Mascara dribbling down my cheeks, bottle of vodka still in hand.

'Yeah,' I wimpier as tears escape from my eyes.

'Ok Paige, now lets get you home,' Graham smiles, patting my shoulder as he puts me in the back seat9.

'Hey Paige,' Graham's voice echos... I just wanna sleep...

'Hey Paige!' He says more urgently, lightly slapping my cheek, 'Wake up! Come on Paige, open your eyes!'

I don't really feel or hear anything after that... I'm just floating in my head... this is nice, I'm going to stay like this

Hey Lovelies,

I'm so sorry for not updating as frequently as I usual, I've got these really important exams coming up and I've been finding it hard to just sit down and relax and write a chapter. I'm so sorry. I'll keep on trying to make time, but I hope you liked this chapter!!

Please vote and comment if u enjoyed 💜

Jenny xxxx 191k💜