Chapter 63

Graham's POV:

'Hey! Turn here! Left!' I shout at my driver while holding an unconscious Sage in my arms.

'I thought we were going to the hosp-' the driver rebuts

'NO! Listen to me and turn left NOW!' The limo makes a sharp, one might say reckless, turn on the busy manhattan road.

'It's a Chinese takeaway spot on the left, I'll tell you when we're close.' The driver can't hide his surprise at, the place I'm taking my passed out, possibly in danger, goddaughter.

Why Sage? I think as I look at her peaceful sleeping face.

Jason's going to be all over my ass if I drop her off in this state. God knows, Sage might even let something slip if she wakes up.

There must have been an argument, a falling out between her and a friend.

A lightbulb blinks in my mind.

Oh no, Sage no. She can't... She doesn't know how dangerous this already is.
There must be another boy.

Sage's POV:

'She's fine Graham, she just needs to sleep it off a bit,' a female voice echos

'I know but when will she be awake?' A familiar male voice asks

'Soon. You can stay here for as long as you need, when she wakes up, lots of hydration, she might vomit a bit, but it seems she's already done that.' My eyes blink open and I see a modest apartment, hearing street life from the open window. I'm lying down on a corse old leather couch.

'If you excuse me, I'm needed downstairs, but don't hesitate to call my personal number if you need anything,'

'Thank you, again Trish,' Graham sits at the kitchen bench as the woman leaves.

'G-Graham?' I gurgle, shifting into a more comfortable seated position.

'Oh, you're awake!' He shuffles over to me.

'Where-where are we?' I rub my eyes, investigating the apartment even more. Indoor plants, exposed brick wall.

'Here drink this,' he puts a pink drink in front of me.

'Uhh, I don't really want anymore drinks Graham,'

'No-no, it's just electrolytes, your body's dehydrated,'

'Oh,' I gulp it down, 'where are we?'

'Oh sorry, at a friends, my medical emergency contact.' He leans back in his chair, 'Are you feeling ok?'

'Yeah... I just went a bit too hard tonight... sorry by the way,'

'No worries, we just can't let Jason know,'

'Ok,' I'm starting to regain more of my alertness. The drink is kinda gross though. We sit there for a little while, in silence, waiting for the next thing to happen.

'So are you going to tell me what happened tonight?' Graham crosses his arms

'What do you mean? I made a mistake, and I'm sorry,' I reply sweetly, hoping he'll drop it.

'Sage, you were crying, you seemed devastated when I picked you up,'

'I was drunk-'