Chapter 69

I don't remember much from the rest of the night. All I know is that somehow I was brought here.

Here.

This cold locked underground bunker. Well, I'm guessing it's underground because no matter how much I scream and bang at the walls, no help comes.

A manual explaining everything was left for me. I'll be locked in here for 6 months, and Jason won't find me.

If you want to live, you will take your time leaving. You need to wait until Jason is calm and not emotional anymore before leaving. He will kill you if he gets the chance. That's why the exit will be automatically locked for 6 months, for your own good.

After that, you may choose whether you stay or go. But just know once you step outside of this bunker, it'll only be a matter of time until Jason finds you.

The rest of the manual outlines everything else I might need to know, first aid, water filtration, recipes etc. Some of it is a little unnecessary, like how to boil water like??

I follow the manual and tend to my bruises and cuts. I wince as I put the antiseptic on my cuts and bruises. I follow the manual and tie a pretty bow with the bandages. I don't want to die from an infection. That would be embarrassing.

The bunker itself is small but cosy, canned food is stored under the floorboards, and I even have a TV! I don't know what I'm going to do down here for 6 months...

The telephone rings.

The manual talked about the telephone. I'm scared to answer, is it really him?

There is a telephone which Jason has access to and will be calling you on. DO NOT ENGAGE WITH HIM. If you do, the line will cut off immediately. It is a one-sided line, you cannot call anyone.

The telephone continues ringing.

I'm paralysed.

It's him.

I pick myself up and hold the glossy read telephone against my ear. Anxious to hear my caller.

'Whoever left me this radio must have some fucking nerve-' Jason's voice screams through the phone.

I yelp and drop the phone on the washed concrete floor. He scared me, once again.

'Sage?' The anger disappears from his voice, 'is that you?' His voice projects, I sit on the couch again, unable to touch it. His tone switches-
'I'm going to find you bitch! You had better be scared, Sage! I don't know what games your-'

I slam the telephone, hanging upon him. I don't want to hear any more of that.

I fill a saucepan with water and begin making pasta. Chopping the vegetables, boiling water, frozen mince, steaming fry pan.

I'm finally free from Jason, even if it means being confined underground, I'm still free.

~~~

I don't answer his calls after that first time, but his voicemails are played for me to hear over the next few months.

'Come back or I'll kill your family! When I find you, I'll hurt you, you slut! Cheater! Hypocrite!'

I try to smother the speakers with pillows and anything but I can't escape his taunting messages.

'Good morning bitch. I know you can hear me. I've been trying to find the person who did this. It wasn't Graham, my bets were on him. I killed him anyway, he was pissing me off,'