chapter •mary tudor

A month passes and news had spread fast that Queen Anastasia was with child and many were overjoyed by this news. The most happy was Henry. Jane grew more and more furious. She had to come up with a plan.

After being congratulated and had a couple cups of wine, Henry went out shooting arrows with the Duke of Suffolk. Henry steps up and is handed an arrow.

"How is wife hunting going for you, Charles?" Henry asks, letting go of the arrow to hit the target. Charles stepped up and was handed his bow.

"Well enough, Your Majesty. I've considered Catherine Willoughby and..." Charles says. Henry notices he stopped.

"And?" Henry asks.

"I was think one of Her Majesty's ladies." Charles said making Henry chuckle.

"Really? Which one?"

"The Lady Tatiana."

"Oh yes. Well you have my blessing to court her if you wish, but I would advise you to ask my wife as well."

"Of course, Your Majesty."

"Your Majesty." Mary bows and smiles.

"Mary, let me have a look at you." Anastasia reached her hands to grab a hold of her step-daughter's shoulders.

"I came it congratulate you and to see my youngest sister."

"Thank you, Mary. Kathleen, bring Margaret." Anastasia tells her lady. Kathleen bows and goes away to bring the princess. Now that they were alone Anastasia looks at Mary with a shine in her eye.

"I have heard from my brother, Stiva, that you and Andrei have been writing to each other."

"It's true. He teaches me a bit about Russian customs." Mary tells with a faint blush.

"How do you feel about him?"

"I don't know, I haven't know him for long."

"Well, that's alright. In do time, you might grow to have feeling for him and he, you."

"How can he? I am known as the bastard daughter of the King."

"Mary, your mother was the true legitimate queen just as you are a legitimate daughter. Even if you were not a legitimate daughter, Andrei would not care. He is a Grand Duke and for you to marry, it would make you a Grand Duchess, a princess by marriage."

"Really?" Mary asks in shock. Anastasia nods.

"Though I cannot promise a throne of Russia, he has three brothers ahead of him before he can ever by a Tsar."

"I don't need a throne. When you give birth to a son, everything will be restored. You have the true queen of England, after my mother."

"Thank you, Mary." Anastasia says. Kathleen returns with Margaret in her arms. Margaret is let down and she stumbles her way to her mother with the help of Kathleen.

"My dove." Anastasia reaches to scoop up Margaret and hands her to Mary. Mary held her sister close and Margaret did not fuss. Instead her giggles and grabs a hold of Mary's hair.

Caroline enters her sister's room after being summoned by her. Jane sat in her usual chair and rocks Edward to sleep.

"Sister." Jane greets without looking up from her child. Jane stands and goes to put Edward down. Caroline sits down. When Jane returns she has with her a small chest and places it on the table. "As you know, the Russian harlot is with child."

"Yes, I know." Caroline replies.

"Good, you also know that I cannot allow that. Our family cannot allow that." Jane hisses. Caroline shakes her head.

"There is nothing you can do, Jane. She is pregnant. You're only hope is to pray to God that the baby comes out a girl." Caroline says softly. That when Jane smirks.

"No, sister. There is another way and that's why I called you here."

"What is it?" Caroline asks. Jane open the chest and digs through it before pulling out a vile. It was filled with a plum color substance.

"You are going to slip this into her drink."

"What is it?" Caroline asks, taking the vile from Jane.

"Something to rid the child inside of her. You are going to kill it."

WILL CAROLINE DO IT?