chapter •at long last

Anastasia smiled to herself as she sat by her chamber pot. Being sick was a common sign of a baby. She was hoping it was just that. Could a long waited prince be growing in her womb at this every moment? She jumps up quickly and goes to find any of her ladies. As she turns the corner, she almost runs into someone.

"Your Majesty." It was Caroline Seymour, newly returned from her visit to Wulfhall. She bows but her eyes avoided any contact with Anastasia's.

"Lady Caroline, welcome back." Anastasia says kindly. Caroline didn't look at her in the eyes, but instead, at her feet.

"Your Majesty. I am hear to serve you in any way." Caroline says. Anastasia looks away from her, trying to find the others.

"Where are my other ladies?" Anastasia asks. Just in time, Anna, Sarah, and Maria walk in holding freshly picked flowers.

"Your Majesty." They bow.

"We've picked these flowers to make the room a bit better for you." Sarah says. Anastasia walks over and leans in to smell the flowers, but backs away, repulsed.

"No, no. Take them away." Anastasia waves away. "And someone clean my chamber pot. When Kathleen returns, tell her a wish to speak to her."

Anastasia walks away and lays on her bed. She laid on her back and wraps her arms around her abdomen.

"Moy syn, u tebya budet mir u tvoikh nog." My son, you shall have the world at your feet. Anastasia whispers happily. Her ladies watch her carefully as they do what they were told. Kathleen enters the room with Tatiana holding Margaret.

"Mama!" Margaret calls out for. Tatiana puts Margaret down floor for her to crawl and practice walking.

"Kathleen, the Queen wants to speak to you." Sarah says. Kathleen nods and passes Sarah the fabric she was holding onto. She brushes her dress to make herself presentable before disappearing through the large curtains.

"What do you thing she needed to talk to Kathleen about?" Caroline asks Anna, knowing that asking any of the other ladies will result in snarky replies.

"Nothing that concerns us unless the Queen decides it to." Anna says softly. Caroline looks down before looking back to where Kathleen entered. It was silent before the sound of footsteps were heard and Kathleen exited with a smile on her face.

"Her Majesty says that you all should take a walk around the gardens and to take Princess Margaret out for so fresh air." They all looked at Kathleen with a confusing look but didn't hesitate to obey their mistress. Caroline was the only one not moving. Kathleen turns to her and a frown appears on her face.

"I should stay here and serve Her Majesty." Caroline says, going to try and enter into Anastasia's bed section. Before she could go pass the curtains, Kathleen grabs her roughly by the arm.

"Do not disobey." Kathleen growls, pushing her away. Caroline bows and leaves the room. Kathleen takes a deep breath before returning to her queen.

"They are gone now, Your Majesty. Let us hurry."

Anastasia stepped out wrapped in a hood, covering her head.

"Let's go."

"Your Majesty." The royal physician bows. Anastasia nods her him to stand. "What can I do for you?"

She took a seat that was offered to her. The physician sits with her to listen.

"I have been feeling sick every morning for a while now. I hoped to see if you could find anything wrong." Anastasia says. The physician nods and turns to look at a young girl dressed plainly, she sorted out vials of medicines and herbs.

"Get me my bag." He says. The girl nods and goes off to retrieve what she was told. Anastasia looks after the girl before looking back at the physician.

"Who is she?" Anastasia asks. The physician looks at her as he ties his apron.

"My daughter, Your Majesty. She helps with the check up." The physician's daughter returns with the bag and bows, handing the bag over. Anastasia smiles at the young girl, no doubt sixteen or seventeen.

"What is your name?" The young girl looks surprised that the Queen of England was speaking to her, asking her who she was. She almost forgot who she was.

"Rose, Your Majesty." The girl stutters with another bow.

" The girl stutters with another bow

"Rose." Anastasia repeats.

"Shall we, Your Majesty?" The physician asks. Anastasia nods and followed instructions. The physician checked her heart beats, the eyes, the ears, seeing for there was anything out of the ordinary. Rose was told to write down everything. By the end, Anastasia was health, perfectly healthy.

It was until Anastasia had to lay down. The physician had Rose feel the Queen's stomach as part of her practice and reassures Anastasia that Rose had determined if a woman was pregnant. Rose gently pressed of the stomach to the lower part of of abdomen. Rose removes her hands and backs away.

"So, what are the results?" Kathleen asks her. Rose smiles at the two women.

"Congratulations, Your Majesty. You are pregnant." Rose says.

"I knew it." Anastasia whispers in happiness. "Today marks the beginning of a new era."

THE END IS NEAR... NO NOT THE BOOK, I MEAN THE SCHOOL YEAR.